Strange changes to map replay after iOS 9.0

Reaction score
Since changing to iOS 9.0 on my iPadAir 2, the icon representing my P3P nt longer follows my actual flight path but stays at the home point, twisting and turning in the direction of flight. What on earth is going on? Would be interested if others are experiencing same issue?

Check app settings "show flight route"...
Show flight route was selected. You can see the route in flight records it is just the icon does not follow it!

Since changing to iOS 9.0 on my iPadAir 2, the icon representing my P3P nt longer follows my actual flight path but stays at the home point, twisting and turning in the direction of flight. What on earth is going on? Would be interested if others are experiencing same issue?
Mine does the same thing now since upgrading. Although personally, it's not all that important for me. The icon still turns showing me the direction it's pointing, and the path is highlighted.

Mine does the same thing now since upgrading. Although personally, it's not all that important for me. The icon still turns showing me the direction it's pointing, and the path is highlighted.
Neither is it really vital for me, but I wonder why iOS 9.0 has changed it? It can't surely be DJI? Also, I am not sure whether I checked that the icon was moving over the map during actual flight. I think I was visual for the whole time. Perhaps someone can check that it works correctly during flight at least.

Yes, the map was fine. It's just like everyone else says, the triangular icon that represents the bird does not move from the launch point. It rotates as the orientation changes and the flight track highlights in yellow as it normally does. Not a huge issue but a bug nonetheless.

Just flew two batteries with my P3P and no problems. I'm using an iPad Air with wifi only. I cached the maps and it worked just as before iOS 9. I did close out all apps and put the iPad in airplane mode.

ed209 (below) is correct. I was not looking at the flight log. Displays as he said in flight record.

Last edited:

Mine is doing the same, but I'm on 8.3 iPad Air 2. Although I have used iOS 9 with my mini 2.

Just flew two batteries with my P3P and no problems. I'm using an iPad Air with wifi only. I cached the maps and it worked just as before iOS 9. I did close out all apps and put the iPad in airplane mode.

Go into your flight record and play one of the flights.

Same issue here. Flight path in yellow but icon for p3p stationary at home point. Odd

Same here. Also, it lost the location of all of my flights. Just says Loading Maps, whereas it use to have the location for every flight.

It's important. If it's out of sight and you lose FPV how will you get back? Sure there RTH but what if that fails? People have experienced weird issues in flight where the P3 starts a flyaway and the only way to correct is to go into ATTI mode and bring it home manually. If you don't have FPV how will you get back without maps? Believe me it's important. I personally wouldn't fly without it.

Same here. Also, it lost the location of all of my flights. Just says Loading Maps, whereas it use to have the location for every flight.
I was just getting ready to update mine--- think I will hold off for a while.

It's important. If it's out of sight and you lose FPV how will you get back? Sure there RTH but what if that fails? People have experienced weird issues in flight where the P3 starts a flyaway and the only way to correct is to go into ATTI mode and bring it home manually. If you don't have FPV how will you get back without maps? Believe me it's important. I personally wouldn't fly without it.

It should be clarified that during flight the maps and icon work as designed. I've never had an issue. The problem only arises when replaying said flight. For instance in this photo below. The red arrow indicates the actually location of the p3p during the flight. Notice the icon remains at the home point with the correct direction heading.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442636602.019264.jpg

It should be clarified that during flight the maps and icon work as designed. I've never had an issue. The problem only arises when replaying said flight.

Doh, sorry about that. I mis-read or interpreted the post.

Ok, ya I see the issue now. If you get the "Maps Reloading" issue just close and restart the App. The craft location not moving issue I see is still a problem. Tracking does show the movement though as the gray line becomes yellow. But ya, one of those things you would think DJi would have caught as I'm sure they were beta testing iOS 9?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik