Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Strange camera/gimbal movement mid-flight

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by badbeerbreath, Nov 8, 2015.

1. badbeerbreath

During a flight today I noticed during playback an odd movement for a few seconds. No clue what could've caused it but curious. There was a breeze, but nothing really strong so it wasn't a wind gust.

This while attempting and setting a new personal distance, 13,095 feet!

It's at about 9:56 in the video.

2. John Locke

OMG beerbreath, that's the most boring video ever. :) Don't you have editing software?

It appears to be a single glitch that didn't repeat itself. I wouldn't worry about it unless it repeats itself.

#2 John Locke, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    diablovista likes this.
  3. 4wd

4wd

I wouldn't worry unduly unless it starts doing it frequently.
    There is a feature which tries to smooth your stick inputs, it almost looks like a glitch in that started that short hiccup period when it jerked somewhat to the left You can turn that off in the app (Android version anyway) - but generally it's a good thing.
    A bit of grit from your case or bug remains from previous flight could have a momentary effect if it found it's way in the gimbal motors during the flight.

4. badbeerbreath

Yup it's boring. It was all about going for my distance record, not the breathtaking landscape that's for sure. I just found the glitch curious more than anything, hadn't seen it before, and thought I'd post it.

As far as editing goes, yeah I really gotta start teaching myself. I have filmora, but just really haven't got to messing around with it much. Maybe once the weather starts getting cold.

rowdyjim likes this.
  5. rowdyjim

I had the same thing happen to me recently but hasn't happened again. That was about 6 or 7 flights ago. Subscribed for further input /reports. I still havent cracked the 1km mark...... yet