strange behavior from P1 v2

Reaction score
never had an issue, but now it twitches in the air. one side just dips for no reason (always the same side). Adjusted gains, no impact. reflashed stock settings no impact. Is this a hardware failure or something else. No crashes, just P1 and hero flying. I have about 40 hours in air so I dont think I classify as a beginner.

Any ideas?

Regards!

Could be several things!
1) bad motor bearing
2) failing speed control
3) loose connection
4) shell cracks ( where motor mounts )
5) failing GPS signal
6) compass issues

Is first try to diagnose which motor it is coming from. Look for stress cracks under motors first, if all good, then check all connections and solder joints for problems ( look closely, sometimes things LOOK plugged in, but are just out enough to cause issues! If that looks good, manually spin each motor ( see if all spin the same ( not gritty, or tight ) then, If you have a thermal temp gun, pin craft down ( weight it down so it cannot lift off ) run full for a couple minutes, check motor temps, if any are abnormally high temp ( bad bearing ) if no move onto possible bad or failing esc ( multi-meter ) to see if you are getting 5.vdc at esc power leads! Ect.

May also just need a fresh ADVANCED IMU CALIBRATION!
Craft STABLE, and LEVEL, in ALL directions , then perform calibration!
Once finished, do a fresh compass calibration, go test!

I don't know what all you've tried yet, but those are good starting points!
I had same problem with a p2v, was combination bearing going bad, and stress crack in the shell!

Let us know
J Dot

I agree with what J Dot has said with the exception of points 4, 5 and 6.

Point 4 (shell cracks) might affect how a motor maintains a quads stability but points 1-3 are much more likely.
To my knowledge, reported cracks have never been associated with affecting stability.

Point 5 (failing GPS signal) and Point 6 (compass issues) would affect navigation NOT stability.

Concentrate on what J DOT says elsewhere in his post ... his tips are right on.

Thanks for the advice folks, when the weather clears up and warms up a bit, ill try your suggestions. I got into this hobby because I loved making custom brushless motors (needed something to put them in). Loads of test equip says the bearing and motors are good (checked em before I posted). that leaves ESC , wiring and calibrations.

If I get it fixed, Ill post a follow up. In the meantime I took advantage of the DJI sale and just bought a P3 advanced :)

I agree with what J Dot has said with the exception of points 4, 5 and 6.

Point 4 (shell cracks) might affect how a motor maintains a quads stability but points 1-3 are much more likely.
To my knowledge, reported cracks have never been associated with affecting stability.

Point 5 (failing GPS signal) and Point 6 (compass issues) would affect navigation NOT stability.

Concentrate on what J DOT says elsewhere in his post ... his tips are right on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20