Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Strange Behavior during flight

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by Capernj, May 4, 2014.

1. Capernj

Ive flown my phantom about 20 times and on the last two times Ive encountered some strange behavior. The first time I had it hovering above my house at about 150 feet when all of a sudden it started to spin on its own, fairly fast, Being that I was directly under it I was able to counteract the spinning with the sticks and bring it down. The second time was similar but this time it was at a pretty decent distance away. I was impossible to bring it back to my position with regular GPS mode, fortunately I was able to switch to home lock, which at least allowed me to get it back to me so I could counteract the spinning. I was able to land it safely. I recalibrated the compass and it seemed to operate normally again. Anyone else have this happen?

2. RedRyderMedia

3. Amra

Do you mean spin in a big circle while still facing the same direction? I think that might be caused by high gps in-accuracy. I had it happen the other day, it was like the circle of the usual 1m static position had expanded to 20m, haven't seen it again but that's my theory. :)

Sent from my Max M9Pro using Tapatalk

4. Capernj

no, it was stationary but spinning as if you were constantly yawing it, it did not do it at the beginning of the flight and after I powered off then on, it did not happen again.

5. davisTHX

New to the forum but saw this post.... did you calibrate the compass pre-flight ?

I have been noticing that if I don't calibrate at every flight it spins like a top when hovering, maybe its just my beginner pilot mishaps.

6. Zinnware

If you have your GoPro attached make sure the WiFi is turned off. Maybe you are getting interference from the GoPro's WiFi flooding the channel.