Stranded Crash On Business Building (No permission to access property)

Hmmmm. So flying next to a building in the city which has people and property down below is not an issue with you?

Hmmmmm. I don't recall the mention of the building being in the city or people down below.

The operator already admitted his mistake and earned my respect.

And by the way Monte55. I made a (what was to be a humorous statement) and your getting all uptight. Chill, go fly your bird on this fine extended weekend. I know I will.

Hmmmmm. I don't recall the mention of the building being in the city or people down below.

The operator already admitted his mistake and earned my respect.

And by the way Monte55. I made a (what was to be a humorous statement) and your getting all uptight. Chill, go fly your bird on this fine extended weekend. I know I will.
Well, the building was 160 foot and had a security guard. I don't see many buildings like that in the woods or desert.

The OP probably should go ask the local police dept. since the property owner has said no to him already. He may have some rights to retrieving it depending on the the jurisdiction and property laws in the area which the local police should know about. If he shows up with a cop to fetch it, they might help out. Otherwise, they may just keep saying no.

I see a need for a drone retrieval service.

Haha, hell yeah, put some fishing line with a weight and big hook on that drone and go rescue that baby!!!!

I'd need a safety release though incase the drone being retrieved is wedged and then preventing the other drone from moving

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hey thanks for the comments everyone, so I have received 0 help from management office and will not be able to recover it through them. I apologized respectfully, offered to pay damages (there is none), as well as a $300 inconvenience fee (Bribe).

It's funny you mention the drone retrieval service - due to this I think it's brilliant. I flew a smaller drone up and took a snapshot but they refuse to help.

I am wondering, hypothetically (and with authorization to do so) if a line and a hook were attached to another P3P (or 4), would it be able to hold the weight of the stuck drone (P3P down to the ground? It's on the out edges and would be no obstruction or dangerous maneuvers, besides the fact that it's 160ft up. I know this sounds wild, but I would be interested in giving it a shot so I can give them a huge smile and a middle finger.
Bonus: I would be sure to record the entire event.

I know there is some brilliant minds here, cmon! :)

Hey, Zephyr, here is what you can do. Chances are pretty good that the building is leased - generally speaking, large commercial properties fall into that category. IF that is true, contact the actual owners of the building and explain the situation honestly and that you are requesting their assistance to retrieve your expensive investment. Landlords typically have the right to enter their own property and can also delegate others to do so.

Here is how to check. Not knowing what town or city you are in - but assuming it is in the US - go to Google and type in the the name of the COUNTY that the city is in along with the name or abbreviation of your state, and the word taxes (example; orange county sc taxes). The resulting search will very likely reveal near the top the website for your county administration. Go to that website. There, you will very likely see a button or a tab for "online services," "taxes," "property search," or similar. There, you may be asked to click on some kind of acknowledgment for whatever - accept the terms, no worries - then you will probably be given a choice of searching by address or parcel number; choose address of course. Finally, you will see the data for the property (possible another click on Property Card will be necessary. Voila - there you will see the actual owner of the building and their contact information. I HOPE the owners are not the same doggone people, and you can go from there.

By the way, if the above method does not work, many counties also have "GIS Maps" where you can find the property and go from there. Now, you are an official detective AND can maybe get your drone back. If it is a Phantom, good luck to some guy who grabs it for his kid - he will not be able to register it with DJI or the FAA I bet.

Reactions: Zephyr
UPDATE 09/12/2016: Security Guard Fired (Review of Camera) - Drone Found!

Called local Sheriff office who went and helped 'mediate' this situation. Long story short, they stated they had to pay $500 for the retrieval but said they would cover that.

They are now holding my Drone because they state that it caused 4 "finger holes" into the cement on the top of the building. The drone was landed upside down and they are saying the 4 caps on propellers caused the damage.

I'm wondering if they even have legal right to keep the drone as colladeral and/or if I have any right to receive it back and deal with damages later. I find it hard to believe there is any significant indentures caused by the propeller cap but I certainly don't know.

Hopefully I will get it back here soon, and will continue to keep you updated!

Thanks.

If there is one thing - other than flying Phantoms - the readers of this Forum have in common, it is certainly CURIOSITY...

So, would you mind please going to google maps, Earth view, find the building in question. right click the exact location, click on "what's here," and tell us the latitude and longitude which is revealed there? I for one, am extremely curious about where these obvious buttheads are located. I may be an old country boy, but when someone says it cost them 500 bucks to retrieve the drone where the fellow described it....well, I've got some swamp land to sell.

Hey maybe that includes the cost of a brand new gold plated ladder.

Plastic prop caps drilled into cement? They are just fabricating any nonsense excuse not to give it back.

This is why it's nice to have to two! You could fly up and video the "damages".

Where do you live Z? Maybe one of us can video the roof before this gets out of hand

Reactions: FlashBuddy
I had the same issue happen to me. 1.5 battery FW, caused it to fall from the sky. The drone rolled off the roof, but the battery and camera were left up there.

I got another drone and took pics of it up there.!

I finally found a tenant to let me up there, and poof... They were GONE! Someone took them!

It is clearly your aircraft as it has your registration numbers on it (right?), so how can they hold your property?
And them saying the UAV caused holes in CEMENT! Hahahaha! :D

UPDATE 09/12/2016: Security Guard Fired (Review of Camera) - Drone Found!

Called local Sheriff office who went and helped 'mediate' this situation. Long story short, they stated they had to pay $500 for the retrieval but said they would cover that.

They are now holding my Drone because they state that it caused 4 "finger holes" into the cement on the top of the building. The drone was landed upside down and they are saying the 4 caps on propellers caused the damage.

I'm wondering if they even have legal right to keep the drone as colladeral and/or if I have any right to receive it back and deal with damages later. I find it hard to believe there is any significant indentures caused by the propeller cap but I certainly don't know.

Hopefully I will get it back here soon, and will continue to keep you updated!

Thanks.

Seems like small claims court is the next move to me. Let a judge do the smell test on a 2lb plastic drone putting holes in concrete.

I guess I am having a difficult time understanding what the difference is between personal property.

An SUAS or a purse/wallet.

Would/could the owner hold either KNOWING who the rightful owners are?
Might be time to lawyer up, you don't want to do or say something that would make things go south in a legal dispute.

Been thinkn that since I started following this thread.....personal property is personal property.

Would an individual have this much trouble getting a backpack/wallet/purse returned if lost there?

They clearly know the rightful owner.

Seems there's 2 ways to go at this point:

1) Forget it and move on.

2) Civil proceedings for return.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic