Straight to phantom or toy first?

I have ordered a Duma farm Amazon to play with. I have chosen this route for two reasons, partly to practice, and because I can afford that now and still need to save another month or so till I can buy a phantom. Impatience has beaten me!!!!! Thank you all for the advice.

let me be the first to tell you, do NOT get discouraged when you first try to fly the thing! It will be hard! But once you can fly the syma well, the phantom is a piece of cake.

I lost four toy ones, hubsans and and symas before getting the P3S and I am so glad that it gave me instinctive muscle memory reactions for those 'interesting' near misses! Just keep practising and it will come to you.

Have to say that much as I love flying my P3, I now miss the toys, the P3 is too easy to fly! Dare I say it... A little boring?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
The syma x5c came today, it's fun but it's really a toy (to be expected for £30). It's relatively easy to fly if a bit underpowered in the breeze. The big questions now are how quick I can save my pennies and do I go P3A or P3S.........

The syma x5c came today, it's fun but it's really a toy (to be expected for £30). It's relatively easy to fly if a bit underpowered in the breeze. The big questions now are how quick I can save my pennies and do I go P3A or P3S.........

Definitely p3a. Buying a p3 without light bridge is just plain crazy especially considering the recent drop in price. Personally I had a few symas first then got a p2v. Trust me, it makes you no less nervous putting a 1000 bucks in the air wether you've flown a million times before with cheaper aircraft or never at all. They are different in every way imo. Even in atti a phantom is light yrs more stable than a syma.

Still considering a p3s, I would really like a p3a but it looks like I will need a new tablet too as my Galaxy tab 2 is too old..... The costs are rising......

V911 4 channel helicopter only 40 dollars, controls are the same, practice on this has saved my phantom quite a few times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1