Storm all-in-one FPV Deluxe power supply?

Reaction score
Hello!

Im trying to set up my FPV (Storm all-in-one) on my P2 from Helipal. I hooked up the video cable to the go pro, however i don't know where to connect the power supply from the transmitter, do I need to open up the lid? Also I stripped a screw when i was trying to take the lid off, now i can't take it off without dealing with that stripped screw (any tips on that would be appreciated as well).
I'm also using an FPV Hub as i was afraid to solder...Thanks

If you connected the video feed straight from the gopro to the video transmitter, what do you have connected to the FPV hub?

The P2 should have already had a 4-strand cable coming out of it, that looks just like one of the ones that came with your FPV HUB...yellow/brown/red/brown. You can use the red and one of the brown leads from that to connect to your video transmitter's power leads (red-red, brown-black).

right now i don't have my transmitter connected to the HUB as the connector doesn't fit into any of the slots. Seems like the HUB only likes certain transmitters. Looks like I'm back to the problem as to why i bought the HUB in the first place...soldering. ahhh.

The only thing the hub "likes" (connects to natively without soldering) is DJI's own video transmitter.

If you had an Immersion/Fatshark brand video transmitter, you could get a specific aftermarket cable to connect it without soldering, but I've never seen that cable for the transmitter that comes in the storm kit.

Actually, after looking closer again at the cable I mentioned above for an Immersion Tx, it appears you could probably use that cable for the power feed on it, since you don't need the video feed portion (as you have that coming straight from the gopro already). This is the cable I'm talking about: http://www.firstpersonview.com/cables/d ... tter-cable

The small white plug on one end of it will plug into the P2 board (or the FPV hub, but you can lose that if you want), and then you *should* be able to use the 2-pin red/black power connector on the other end with your transmitter. You'll just need to remove (or ignore) the video plug with the single yellow lead. You'll need to check the power plug for the transmitter you have to make sure the leads match up with the ones on this cable (red/black position)

thanks so much for getting back to me and i do apologize as I am so new to this and not the most tech guy....

when you say P2 board, you mean inside the phantom correct? I accidentally stripped a screw and can't open it now. I'll have to figure out that one later. Im going to see if I can trade my transmitter in and get the "proper" DJI approved one so I can use the hub.

thanks again

No problem, and yes it would require getting in to the shell. However, connecting the DJI transmitter will require the same unless you have your hub mounted externally right now. But, you'll eventually need to get that screw out anyway so might as well get that out of the way too ;) I would suggest starting with a small straight-bladed screwdriver instead of a Phillips...I've had to remove a few screws on/in my Phantom that way.

I ended up going to a local hobby store and got someone to solder the wires for me. Gopro and gimbal work great. After one test flight though, we realized that one of the rotors was "stuttering", we took the lid off and started it up again and it was fine. I thought maybe i tightened the lid too tight. Once i got home, i started it up again and I'm having the same problem. I watched the guy the whole time and we were very careful, could it be we just bumped some connection? Have you ever had this problem?

Thanks again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie