Storing Phantom 2 batteries

Reaction score
Hi, im new here and would like to know how you guys store your batteries(full charge, half charge)? long term?

If you have updated your battery firmware, the DJI batteries will auto-discharge down to 30% after 10 days of inactivity. This is the preferred level. I'm speaking from memory here, but I believe those numbers are correct..

Hook your Phantom up to the Phantom Assistant application. If you're able to install new battery firmware, an update will be available. You need to install it on each battery one at a time.

Let us know what you find. I haven't seen any battery updates in ages. I am beginning to believe that DJI stopped with the battery updates.

Hi, im new here and would like to know how you guys store your batteries(full charge, half charge)? long term?
In addition to storing LiPos at about 50% charge you should also keep them cool for long term storage. Avoid leaving them in hot cars or hot rooms. For long term storage I keep mine in a refrigerator.

I store my batteries at 30% in a lipo battery bag on garage floor keeps them cool.

I store my batteries at 30% in a lipo battery bag on garage floor keeps them cool.
Be careful to check your batteries regularly if you store at 30% charge since they discharge slowly. That is why I prefer to store at 50% charge.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj