Storage charge for controller?

Reaction score
Hey guys, still a newbie to phantoms, but I have had other drones for a while. I always am careful to store my lipid between 30 and 50 percent to maximise lifespan of the batteries. I was just thinking, what do you guys do with the controller? Do you guys take it down to 50% when you don't expect to use it for a while? Just curious what do you do?
Thanks!

Since the controller also has Lipo batteries in it I would assume 50 percent charge would be a good place to start.

Yes i get that its a lipo, but what do you guys do? Leave the controller on till 50%? Just wondering

Hey guys, still a newbie to phantoms, but I have had other drones for a while. I always am careful to store my lipid between 30 and 50 percent to maximise lifespan of the batteries. I was just thinking, what do you guys do with the controller? Do you guys take it down to 50% when you don't expect to use it for a while? Just curious what do you do?
Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that the batteries inside the controller are not as delicate as the aircraft batteries… I say this because I leave mine at whatever charge it has left, usually between 50 and 90% and I have never had an issue… Even with leaving the controller for months on end without using it. However my aircraft batteries are always stored at 50%. DJI (as far as I am aware… And I have looked!) Have made no mention of storage of batteries inside the radio controller.

I'm pretty sure that the batteries inside the controller are not as delicate as the aircraft batteries
I think so too. If they were so delicate, DJI would have included instructions for caring for them and we'd see them getting replaced often under warranty like the Phantom batteries. People rarely need to replace the remote controller battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl