Stopping motors while in flight.

Reaction score
Since DJI introduced the new method for stopping P4 motors in flight -(left stick and RTH button)- , has anyone been brave enough to try a CSC to check that it's been disabled?

why would you want to stop the motors while in the air

The old method is still there. The new way works too. You can test it on the ground. The motors shut off faster with CSC versus using full down on the left stick.

So there's no benefit it seems, frantic flyers can still trigger CSC the old way.

Reactions: will.moindrot
I wonder why, they needed a new CSC, i believed the old one was enough..

The old method is still there. The new way works too. You can test it on the ground. The motors shut off faster with CSC versus using full down on the left stick.

So there's no benefit it seems, frantic flyers can still trigger CSC the old way.

On the ground it works, BUT does it work up in the air? It does not in the flight simulator.

can anyone tells why someone may want to stop motors while flying ? why is there this feature ?

Full down left stick(only) does not shut down motors in the air. I use full down left stick to drop fast, usually with some horizontal with no problems. Full left down with no horizontal, the bird controls the rate of descent to prevent vortex ring state and you can hear the props working to maintain a controlled descent. It sounds close to the limits and that why I move horizontally. It must use vps and no descent values to activate motor shut down once landed.

can anyone tells why someone may want to stop motors while flying ? why is there this feature ?
I would only assume that you would need to do this in an emergency situation. Like a low flying plane, ultralight, Emergency helicopters on there way to an accident , etc might be in the area and you need to get down as quick as possible. I have seen crop dusting planes in my area before , but not while I was flying.

Last edited:
I would only assume that you would need to do this in an emergency situation. Like a low flying plane, ultralight, Emergency helicopters on there way to an accident , etc
Or a more commonly seen scenario -- someone crashes their Phantom and wants to turn off the motors as quickly as possible.

Reactions: Erised and Fallguy
Or a more commonly seen scenario -- someone crashes their Phantom and wants to turn off the motors as quickly as possible.
I thought it was pretty obviously this one? You crash up a tree and the onboard systems do not shut down the AC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31