STOP TIPPING OVER!!!

Dirty Bird said:
Onezerosix141 said:
How come no one is working on something to extend and widen the landing skids at where it bolts on? Wouldn't that be better for air resistance?

There are "wide" landing gear available. They are wider and taller, and replace the factory gear. If you have a case the bird will no longer fit though.

i got them, i can't understand why they didn't make them a tad longer too as now they are further away from centre left and right they can also be further forward and rearward of centre and not come into the camera's field of view?? part of me thinks that 4 individual legs fixed under each arm might be a better option as they would already be out of the propwash??? could even put in some damping like thunder bird 2? i'm thinking maybe adding some RC buggy shocks to the bottom of the legs with ping pong balls on the bottom?? they just wouldn't like landings with any lateral travel though???

Not to be a smart *** , but if your landing that hard something's wrong. I just like the idea of this as it's a guard and helps on those windy days for tipping over. Plus a lot of us use a case , so we can't extended , wider legs in a case.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm a rookie pilots, but my bird has only tipped once or twice.... Once on uneven grass, and another time when I let it auto land.

Generally, as long as a make sure there's no lateral movement prior to final touch-down, and assuming I power it down ASAP upon landing, it lands firmly and no tipping.

I haven't tipped over but I've already wondered if it's possible to make a some sort of plate to widen and extend the landing skid and attach it with hand screw so it'll be easy to detach when needed.

@Red Baron, very nice looking.

But how about a macro that inverts the phantom, and we mow a little landing zone. Lol

Landing leg extensions that pivot at the bottom end - so can fold up for packing away.

||
/ \

As above.

Stability on landing would increase as well as offer more protection for camera.

a simple thing would be a smaller version of the 'X' that is used as training UC for RC heli pilots, basically a cross from two carbon fibre rods with ping pong balls on the ends ( i do like ping pong ball references :D ) just use velcro straps to fix it on to the stock gear. maybe larger diameter tubes would be better than rods to lessen the chance of harmonic vibration setting in??

Tabs added for using elastics to design to secure the piece onto the phantom's skids. There is still room for velcro straps or zip ties.

Attachments

• install 1.jpg
    install 1.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 292
I like it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers