Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Stop spying on me!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by terrylowe, Aug 22, 2015.

1. terrylowe

The media often (intentionally?) exaggerates the "spy" capability of the phantom and this in turn prompts legislators to write anti-"drone" legislation so that the general public doesn't have to shoot your quad out of the air to protect their privacy.

Realizing that it is near impossible to change a person's opinion of hobby drones after reading about them on CNN, this is a good link to share that might at least show them your perspective. (I searched before I posted and could not find it already posted here, so forgive me if it is a repeat)

http://petapixel.com/2015/08/21/are...nses-for-spying-the-answer-may-creep-you-out/

2. Bocephus-73

I will fully support legislation that bans drones once I first see legislation that bans telephoto lenses --- this article proves scientifically that telephoto lenses are greater violations of our personal privacy than any civilian drone on the market --- and I want to see "genius" Congressmen like Chuck Schumer give vitriolic public rants about the imminent dangers of telephoto lenses and then I will finally respect this dummy and others of his ilk.

:p :mad: :D

terrylowe likes this.
  3. Bocephus-73

BTW I also want to see ole "genius" Chucky Schumer propose legislation to ban hills and trees that are within 3 miles of my backyard --- since obviously those trees and hills would facilitate somebody climbing them in order to use their 300X telephoto lens to peek into my backyard as I sunbathe in my thong and smoke "herbal products".

:eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

skyhighdiver likes this.
  4. terrylowe

Unfortunately, lawmakers often get their "to-do list" for the day from whatever is in the newspaper. I guess that is the way politics works, but it would sure be nice if we could see a little responsible reporting from time-to-time. Knowing how inaccurate the reporting is about my profession and hobbies, I am very skeptical about any news report on any topic.

I live in the conservative South. My neighbors will come help me fly, so hopefully no one feels that I could (or would want to) be spying on them. But now I have a cool link to send them if there are any questions.