stock speed record?

I know this is a thread resurrection but just wondering how people are achieving such high speeds. The most I can get out of my P2V with no wind is 27MPH. This is in phantom mode. Do I need to switch to NAZA M to go faster? Do people have larger motors/props to get these numbers?

Word of caution. When I first got my P2V I wanted to speed test it. It flew about 35MPH in GPS mode. I switched it to ATTI and tried again, over a lake. I didn't realize that at full speed in ATTI mode it doesn't hold altitude and I flew it into the lake. That's when I realized it's a flying camera and not a racing machine.

Geo

Reactions: MrTommy and Clampit
@Crit

Also with firmware updates, DJI might have slowed down the speed of the craft. The earlier posts on this thread are quite old so DJI might have done some tweaking with the speed, who knows..

I've never been a speed freak while flying but just like to be safe.;)

There are new motors/props which you can buy, check out the search bar above & I think you'll be able to find threads about the motors/props;)

Thanks all for the words of wisdom. Probably better to invest in a racing drone if I want to go faster. I was just thinking about chasing a car for film making purposes and 27mph makes for a pretty slow car chase.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj