Ok what are you stock phantom speed records
Today I broke 3 personal best with a flight to 1159 ft out and 214 ft up
and one to 1017 ft up and 618 ft out
as well as a 55.68 mph

this thing is rock solid and a blast to fly
now for a gimple :( hope good one out soon with no 2 month wait

also got a cool night shot last night

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

edit ok after checking flytrex im in 6th :oops: man these guys must fly in high winds

skyhighdiver said:
Ok what are you stock phantom speed records
Today I broke 3 personal best with a flight to 1159 ft out and 214 ft up
and one to 1017 ft up and 618 ft out
as well as a 55.68 mph

this thing is rock solid and a blast to fly
now for a gimple :( hope good one out soon with no 2 month wait

also got a cool night shot last night

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Well I am in 2nd place on the Flytrex Speed Challenge @ 60.93 mph in my P2nv
http://www.flytrex.com/challenges/speed/phantom-2/
you can see my other posts regarding distance ;)

If we're going to post those here, it would be helpful to know what mode you're flying in as well, GPS and ATTI will affect your speeds differently.

As I'm sure 2trick will attest, the formula to busting the records is to start with a good bit of altitude, and a pretty strong tailwind, in manual mode. And maybe some grease coated on the body (the Phantom's, not yours) :D

OI Photography said:
If we're going to post those here, it would be helpful to know what mode you're flying in as well, GPS and ATTI will affect your speeds differently.

As I'm sure 2trick will attest, the formula to busting the records is to start with a good bit of altitude, and a pretty strong tailwind, in manual mode. And maybe some grease coated on the body (the Phantom's, not yours) :D

mine was in atti mode 10mph winds not sure I want to try manual
I think the leader put his in the car and drove down the interstate :lol:

Ot maybe I should have flown last week we had 50+ mph winds for 3 days
just launch it up wind and hope to get it down in one piece :eek:

Reactions: MrTommy
OI Photography said:

I have never flown in any mode apart from GPS. I like the idea of being able to leave the quad hovering while I tinker with stuff and frame video.
OI Photo is quite correct, Height and tailwind is what you need. Its a risky business though. Far too much wind = bye bye P2

In GPS mode mine will go just under 50mph in no wind. In atti mode it will go at least 54mph in no wind and I went 59mph with a 6-7mph tailwind. 60 should be no problem in a little breeze. On Flytrex.com the current record is 72.4mph.

I posted a thread asking if anyone had went in the back door of the app yet and surprisingly nobody responded. My smartphone is not rooted but I would think that is all that is needed. You have a copy, send it to me.

I saw something where the max degree of tilt is set as 32 degree's. Tweaking that a few degree's would make a lot improvement in the area set.

Someone said their around 60mph. Where is that speed coming from, speed achieved when dropping altitude?

Btw, OI Photography...you have had a PM for a number of days now.

nhoover said:
In GPS mode mine will go just under 50mph in no wind. In atti mode it will go at least 54mph in no wind and I went 59mph with a 6-7mph tailwind. 60 should be no problem in a little breeze. On Flytrex.com the current record is 72.4mph.

The current record on Flytrex is 79.15mph, but thats an F330
For a P2nv it's 62.02mph
For a P2v its 72.43mph and for P1 its 69.27 mph.

flyNfrank said:
I posted a thread asking if anyone had went in the back door of the app yet and surprisingly nobody responded. My smartphone is not rooted but I would think that is all that is needed. You have a copy, send it to me.

I saw something where the max degree of tilt is set as 32 degree's. Tweaking that a few degree's would make a lot improvement in the area set.

Someone said their around 60mph. Where is that speed coming from, speed achieved when dropping altitude?

If you're thinking about trying to adjust the factory limits on tilt angle or forward speed, those are baked in to the NAZA and not the phone app unfortunately. I'm not sure if manual mode has a max tilt angle (or speed cap), but I know GPS and ATT do.

OI Photography said:
If you're thinking about trying to adjust the factory limits on tilt angle or forward speed, those are baked in to the NAZA and not the phone app unfortunately. I'm not sure if manual mode has a max tilt angle (or speed cap), but I know GPS and ATT do.
According to the NAZA manual in GPS and ATTI mode the Phantom's maximum tilt angle is limited to 35 degrees for the NAZA-M V2 version. The V1 version can go to 45 degrees according to that manual. This suggests the older V1 Phantoms can fly faster than the newer V2 ones.

In Manual mode there is no such limit, hence the possibility to flip it 360 degrees.

OI Photography said:
flyNfrank said:

"Adjusting factory limits".....Absolutely! Basically I want the ability to modify my P2V however I choose. It all depends on what a person wants to do to benefit their flying experience. One guy may want to have his blades spinning at a higher rpm, or maybe he wants his lights reprogrammed so the sequence does not use as much drain on the batteries. And the list can go on.

flyNfrank said:
OI Photography said:
flyNfrank said:

"Adjusting factory limits".....Absolutely! Basically I want the ability to modify my P2V however I choose. It all depends on what a person wants to do to benefit their flying experience. One guy may want to have his blades spinning at a higher rpm, or maybe he wants his lights reprogrammed so the sequence does not use as much drain on the batteries. And the list can go on.

Understood, and I totally support that right :) However, DJI has decided to keep their firmware locked down, and the best anybody seems to be able to do is read some types of data traffic going in to or out of the NAZA. To get the kind of options and freedom you want with a flight controller, you'll need to look at open-source platforms such as arducopter etc.

If you click on the firmware upgrade link in the Assistant isn't the firmware downloaded and stored in the Temp folder, or somewhere else? I imagine it shouldn't be too hard to 'intercept' the relevant files. Once you have these someone 'in the know' should be able to disassemble/reverse engineer the code. Then you can hack it to add some code of your own.

With an ever expanding user base it is likely simply a matter of time before someone does this.

nhoover said:
Here's a quick clip of a run a bit over 65mph. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atEFLxMGJJw

that's great I hit 58.57 with 5-7 mph winds so if I dare try the 20mph winds we get a lot here I should hit 70 easy
just worried about running to far past me on down wind run and not getting her back in those winds .
Max flown is 12 and seemed ok so maybe will try.

Hope they keep the gps /atti record apart from the manual

My personal best! Yesterday.

ze6ebe3u.jpg

I had my brother ready to press both buttons on my iPhone while I was flying so he could do the screen grab while I flew. This was ATTI mode and a tailwind. I should have tried again because I know I could have gone a little faster...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik