Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Stock RC upgrade question FPVLR

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Jazziet512, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Jazziet512

Rc upgrade

I am about to install the FPVLR stage 2 mod for the wifi and stock RC transmitter.

I am somewhat nervous about tackling the rc upgrade because of all the stories I've read about the black goo of death. I don't want to break the connector when removing the goo.

So, is there somewhere that I can get an rc module with the connector already removed? I've seen circuit boards on eBay for the Phantom with the connectors already removed, so wondered if there was such a thing for the rc?

Also, I'm quite taken with the Futaba rc's, but I think I'm right in thinking that these only operate on 2.4Ghz which is no good for the Vision 2plus as it operates on 5.8Ghz

Thanks

2. saao

The black glue is in the receiver side in the bird. The transmitter has the White glue if done properly with a sharp blade can be done easily just be patient and once u feel the wire is rotating you will know your close enough I did mine both receiver and transmitter it took me around 1 and half hours for the receiver end is more difficult but nothing is impossible bro best of luck both

Attached Files:

3. saao

The rc works on 5.8 and the wifi works on 2.4 if you choose the 2.4 frequency I believe it wil interfere with the wifi not recommended

4. Dirty Bird

I believe I saw on ebay a guy selling replacement 5.8 Ghz Vision+ receivers that already have the antennae disconnected. Been a while so you will need to look. Not sure why DJI insists on selling replacements with the antennae already glued?

Can't use a 2.4 Ghz Futaba with the Vision+ 5.8 Ghz receiver.

5. GSSP

a razor blade is almost to big, I used a surgical scalpel. many have tried acetone to soften gue

6. Jazziet512

Great - thanks for all the replies - guess that I'll just have to be careful with scraping the goo away!

7. GSSP

you can get a cheap scalpel off amazon, it is very fragile connector