Stock out of box range

Reaction score
What is the distance range of the P2V out of the box with no modifications set to FCC mode. Also what is the range of distance that I can expect to lose video contact? I have not gone any further than around 750 feet as I am afraid of getting out of visual range without knowing how far it can get. I am flying in a sparsely populated area and in NAZA mode.

Everyone gets a little different results. I have the Phantom 2 Vision. The TX Range for the craft will out perform video, as 5.8 ghz isn't as good for range as 2.4 like the original Phantom. Ive typically lost video within 1200 feet with that setup.So i dont know how much further i could have gone on the TX alone.

[Google FPV and look for what people are getting stock vs their new antenna setups.]

I've recently purchased the RE700 Range Extender,(Vision+) and have been out to 1700 feet and still had good video.I dont have open enough areas near me to push that further. I live in East Texas, and it is heavily wooded.

But out of the box..you should see 500 meters or 1500 feet, although milage may vary.

Out of the box my P2V would drop FPV about 900 feet. If I had the side of the quad pointed toward me, FPV would hold and control would drop about 1000 feet. With all the mods it goes one heck of a lot more distance now.

Lots of variables affect range, particularly the geometry of the angles between your antenna and your Phantom's antenna.
My max with the P2V+ has been 3200 feet but sometimes it's difficult to get past 2000 ft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik