Stock 8.4km flight today, pleasantly surprised!

Reaction score
So today I had a mini Flymeet with my friends. I was on my third battery and decided to see how far I could fly today. The last time I flew 2.2km one way(about 4 km total) so I wanted to see how far I can push today.

I aimed for these 3 huge smoke stacks on an offshore island(I live in Singapore). The size of it made it seem near but flying there made me realise that it was actually pretty far away.

Nevertheless. I managed to hit 3.7km one way and flew a total of 8.3km with more than enough power to spare as seen in the following pics.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1456561439.966772.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1456561455.508338.jpg

My controller, my drone, my battery were all stock. The only modification I had was having DJI's CF props instead of the plastic ones.

Overall I was really impressed. The light bridge system really works better than advertised. And since I had minutes to spare before I had to fly back home, I might try again in the near future to best this personal record of mine.

Very nice flight Garrie! What are the laws on flying in Singapore? Great place, been there many times.

Unfortunately our government is very strict. We can only go up to 60m/200ft for leisure flying. And since Singapore is such a tiny country, almost everywhere is under a no fly zone as their are many civilian and military air bases around the island.

Gosh, sounds like Singapore is a crap country to fly a drone, not many places to go flying one.

You can consider travelling to Malaysia to fly it, but first you have to figure out how to bypass those corrupted Malaysian custom :p

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4