Stills come in at 960x720. What happened, what do I change?

Reaction score
It's obviously a setting I'm missing. With the P3P on and the Go app on, it only offers me 4:3 or 16:9 (which crops in). I was getting 4000 x 3000 pixels on previous shoots. Spent a lot of time on google searches and searches here, I can't find where to change it?

Have you switched from RAW to jpeg?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I switched to just DNG/Raw. Thought, just like in my still cameras, that raw would be the best setting, since I post-process all my images.

OMFG. Shooting Raw gives you 960x720, but Raw+Jpeg gives you full res? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. But Marzipana, thank you for asking/suggesting!! That was brilliant.

OMFG. Shooting Raw gives you 960x720, but Raw+Jpeg gives you full res? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. But Marzipana, thank you for asking/suggesting!! That was brilliant.
That doesn't sound right. I never shoot jpegs, only raw, and get the bigger sizes.

That's what I do with my still cameras. But for some reason, this happened. I can't find the setting. Switching to raw+jpg fixed it, but I don't get why it happens when I shot raw. I never changed anything. Bug with the new firmware?

You don't need to be so rude about it.

When I view my RAW files in FastStone, they don't show up as actual size, but in Photoshop they do. I had no idea what setting you were in, did I?

Marzipana, I wasn't being rude; I was being THANKFUL to you for your comment and insight. The "ridiculous" comment was aimed at why Raw (DNG) files come in at tiny resolution. But now that I look at it again, you're right!! (Again). In Photo Mechanic, my preferred ingesting/viewing/selecting program, they show up at tiny size. In Photoshop, they do show up as 11.9 megapixels. Totally threw me off. Thank you for both of those valuable insights.

I'm a professional photographer, first and foremost. I'm used to the way DSLRs handle this. Was totally thrown off by the way these show up as low res in Photo Mechanic. This is why I love forums, I learn so much here.

Marzipana, I wasn't being rude; I was being THANKFUL to you for your comment and insight. The "ridiculous" comment was aimed at why Raw (DNG) files come in at tiny resolution. But now that I look at it again, you're right!! (Again). In Photo Mechanic, my preferred ingesting/viewing/selecting program, they show up at tiny size. In Photoshop, they do show up as 11.9 megapixels. Totally threw me off. Thank you for both of those valuable insights.

Ah, I thought that was all sarcasm [emoji6]
I've wondered why my image viewer doesn't display the files as full res too, but was happy to see they are indeed full size in PS [emoji4]

I'm a professional photographer, first and foremost. I'm used to the way DSLRs handle this. Was totally thrown off by the way these show up as low res in Photo Mechanic. This is why I love forums, I learn so much here.

Strange thing though, I've found that RAW Sony files, and Canon files DO show up as full res in the same image viewer. Go figure....[emoji15]

Seems like a glitch that DJI should be aware of and able to patch in an upcoming release. They seem good about that! But again, thanks for your insight on this! I'm prone to sarcasm, but usually make it more obvious. ;-)

Reactions: marzipana
A raw file is not an image per say and the software extracts a small JPEG thumbnail from within. If you select raw + JPEG you are getting a fully rendered file and not a thumbnail. Does that make sense?

Reactions: Καλλιστώ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4