Still Shot from P2 GoPro

Reaction score
Took this today of a friends Jewelry store. I'm going to make a 11x14 print for him to hang in his store along with my photography business card. Hopefully it will lead to more business. :)

Attachments

• PahontomForum.jpg
    PahontomForum.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 726
Have you used Photomatix there?

OI Photography said:
Nice! Color corrected? That's a gorgeous palette on there.

Suggestion, crop the left side in a bit tighter, like this:

I'm with OI Photography here. His gives more of a golden hour feeling. I like the saturation. However I liked the original uncropped.
I didn't feel it needed cropping as much.

I was just thinking for marketing purposes it balanced the picture more and highlighted the store a little better. But the client could safely use either...and the original shot is still beautiful in its own right.

I like the color in the second one.

If the photo is for displaying in the store only I would use the second one.

If the photo was to be used on the website I would use the first one as it gives you an idea of the where the store is. You get to see the traffic lights on the corner at the intersection, more relevant if you want to know where the store is. Don't need it with the in store photo as you are already there

But, the owner will often have completely different ideas :)

So, after all this debate (which actually was kind of fun), they chose an entirely different picture! No stop lights in this one. ;)

Attachments

• Phantom2.jpg
    Phantom2.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 384
As long as they're happy!

I'm sure that was quite a challenge while shooting, trying to get no lights in it, but still an optimal angle on the building...you did a great job with what you had to work with.

OI Photography said:
As long as they're happy!

I'm sure that was quite a challenge while shooting, trying to get no lights in it, but still an optimal angle on the building...you did a great job with what you had to work with.

Thanks!

I just printed out a 11x17 of this and delivered it to them. They LOVE it! Yeah, the lights were a paint to deal with. Also the fact that it was a busy intersection right downtown! I was praying I wouldn't cause a car crash. :shock:

On a side note... the GoPro is a shitty camera for shooting stills. Had it set on the 12MP setting and it still sucked. Of course, I'm use to the images I get from my Canon 5D mkll with Canon L lenses. Oh well, I sure has hell can't afford a copter big enough to carry that! :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4