Still on 1.5.3 Should I update or stay on this version??

Reaction score
It's been a few months since I've taken the P3P out for a flight. With the weather looking good I want to start flying around again.

I swore I would never touch the firmware again after the last fiasco I had with broken features after I updated. I haven't touched a thing in months on purpose. Are there any benefits to updating the firmware to the recent ones or should I leave things the way they are?

This is what everything is currently:

P3P - 1.5.3
Remote - 1.5.7
DJI Go (IOS) - 2.5.1

Thanks in advance!

It's been a few months since I've taken the P3P out for a flight. With the weather looking good I want to start flying around again.

I swore I would never touch the firmware again after the last fiasco I had with broken features after I updated. I haven't touched a thing in months on purpose. Are there any benefits to updating the firmware to the recent ones or should I leave things the way they are?

This is what everything is currently:

P3P - 1.5.3
Remote - 1.5.7
DJI Go (IOS) - 2.5.1

Thanks in advance!
My advice would be to move from 1.5.3 since it is known to be unstable with regards to battery power management.

If you are happy and everything works then no reason to update.
For me I like to stay current so I'm on the latest versions.
It's personal choice unless there is a critical bug fix or new feature you like.

My advice would be to move from 1.5.3 since it is known to be unstable with regards to battery power management.

Have they pulled any features or functions from the 1.5.3 firmware? I thought I remember seeing something about slower speeds but not sure if that was to do with the battery temp control or if its changed the max speed entirely.

Also does anyone know if keeping bird at 1.5.3 and updating only DJI go possible?

Have they pulled any features or functions from the 1.5.3 firmware? I thought I remember seeing something about slower speeds but not sure if that was to do with the battery temp control or if its changed the max speed entirely.

Also does anyone know if keeping bird at 1.5.3 and updating only DJI go possible?
If you are wondering why 1.5 is considered unstable, follow the link in this post:
Is the IOS DJI go app version 2.4.3 compatible with the 1.5.3 or 1.6.4 Phantom 3 Pro?

1.5 is the only Phantom 3 firmware version that nobody should be using. Anything older or newer is stable and okay to use.

Reactions: Oso
1.5 is the only Phantom 3 firmware version that nobody should be using. Anything older or newer is stable and okay to use.

I only see 1.3.2, 1.7.006, or 1.8.8 links to download. Am I missing something or are those my only options?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj