Still looking for transport case that will fit props guards?

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone was able to find a case (hard or soft) to transport the P2V+ with the props guards installed?

Thanks,

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Re: Still looking for transport case that will fit props gua

I gave up looking after a couple of weeks and decided to go a different way by rethinking what my criteria was. I want to transport my Phantom in a case that could be carry on on most airlines and would allow me to have the Phantom ready to fly in less than a minute. That means I don't have to travel with the props on, as they go on in a matter of seconds. But the prop guards were a major problem. That is until I saw this item from ATLANTA HOBBY ITEM # 100015344 it's a quick disconnect system for the prop guards. I just saw it yesterday and it's on its way to me. There are a lot cases that can be made to take the prop guards once they aren't on the phantom. Now I have one other problem. I wish to use the TALLER and WIDER Landing struts. That makes the Phantom too tall for the cases and also to wide for the cut outs in the foam that the cases normally come with. I'm still thinking about this one, in the meantime I've gone back to the standard struts.
Hope this info will help.
The English Guy

I would seriously suggest you rethink keeping the prop guards on it. They add too much weight and throw off the center of gravity. The Phantom is not nearly as stable with them on.

That's a matter of opinion. A friend with lots of experience on his phantom 2 Vision with NO prop guards flew my Vision plus WITH prop guards and could tell no difference. Also, how could putting EQUAL amounts of weight on each arm (prop guards) alter the center of gravity? Answer: it doesn't.

kgarrison said:
I would seriously suggest you rethink keeping the prop guards on it. They add too much weight and throw off the center of gravity. The Phantom is not nearly as stable with them on.

A 16x16x12 box works. Not elegant but effective. It doesn't seem like the bespoke cases will not fit the prop guards.

We found a Samsonite suitcase which had exactly the right dimensions so we could set the Vision Plus in it comfortably with the prop guards installed, so we used the bottom of the shipping case and set that in the middle and added foam around to stabilize and added white styrofoam over the copter. The bottom of the shipping case had all the right cutouts so the copter sits in it nicely as well as most of the accessories - not a bad find for $35.00.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers