Still can't connect!!!!!

isky, explain then why the btu module always shows a red light?
even when everything else is off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 443
Thank you tanker. But I am not stupid or ignorant. I have read the manual just to be sure I have it right.
My best guess is, the BTU module is bad. Or perhaps even the cable itself.
If it was working properly, I would see a green light yes?

I have taken the next step. Contacted the dealer. In my case, helipal.

So if you know you're doing it "by the book", and you're not stupid or ignorant, I would say the thing must be busted.

Although I would add a couple q's: Do any devices connect successfully to the iPad via Bluetooth (like an ear piece)? And also, are any other devices connected via bluetooth to the iPad when you're attempting to connect to the air end? If yes/no respectively, I'd say "busted".

I am having the exact same issue. I have had my Phantom Vision 2 for about 3 weeks and now that I am used to flying it I thought it would be neat to try. Same issue, no aircraft found.

Ipad 4
IOS 7
Latest ground Station App
Updated firmware in receiver & transmitter
Tried about every order known to man to power things up
Everything is stock, no mods.

However if I am reading correctly the above is in ref. to the BT data link that is an add-on right? I was under the impression the Phantom Vision 2 had all that built in..?

Viro

UPDATE: Problem solved on my end sorry, didn't know there were different versions of the iPad app software and you don't want to use the one offered on the iTunes Store.

I did. Did you purchase your phantom around last Christmas? If so, you need to install the firmware.
DJI shipped the birds with no firmware.
Once installed, the BTU will show a green light and you''ll get connected.
Happy flying.

Yes it was early in the year.

Ok thanks. I did update the firmware etc. like you had done. All up to date. I wonder does it have to be calibrated and the gps signal acquired before things connect to the ipad? Also I notice the Can-Bus port on the A2 PMU that they recommend you connect the air portion of the DataLink. It seems to be a different connection, it does not have the clip like the other bus connections.

Thanks for your help.

I think I missed my an iOSD update, I will connect the Datalink to the iOSD see if it works.

Thanks for all your help.

Matt

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj