Still blown away at this thing

Reaction score
I got my P3S a little over a month ago for $280. Because of the price etc I didn't have very high expectations for it (as it was used) but man, this thing.... just blows me away every time I fly it.

Had I bought it and ONLY gotten the shots from yesterday, it would have been worth it. As it stands, I can't seeing not having one of these around for the rest of my life....

1778612D-206F-47BD-9F4F-4467151FE727_zpsv81zvq3m.jpg

49CF1F27-D335-41D6-80FE-6DAAF3907D61_zpszgzvny3d.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice shots!
Yeah! They are habit forming!

Nice shots!

To say the least. My wife sees me less and less because I'm up on a mountain somewhere or at the beach

Reactions: Clapper
Nice shots!
Agree with both the "Nice Shots" and "habit forming" comments.

Yesterday I was trying to figure out a video editing program and I just couldn't stand being inside not flying when I had a beautiful sunny windless day right outside my window. Out I went, flew for about 1/2 hour. I flew just using the map for the first time. Very interesting and fun to do.
eatpasta, keep up the good work or fun in this case.

@stubblefield will do - it's in my nature!

trying to graduate to paying gigs

. I flew just using the map for the first time. Very interesting and fun to do.
eatpasta, keep up the good work or fun in this case.

An I ask what you mean? Big time noob trying to learn as much as possible.

Cheers.

An I ask what you mean? Big time noob trying to learn as much as possible.

Cheers.

I think he means instead of using the camera/FPV, he was flying via map instead

ala this;

474223-dji-phantom-3-standard-map-view.jpg

..i've never really even considered doing that.... not sure what I would use it for as a photographer

Reactions: Dazzauk
I think he means instead of using the camera/FPV, he was flying via map instead

ala this;

474223-dji-phantom-3-standard-map-view.jpg

..i've never really even considered doing that.... not sure what I would use it for as a photographer

Ah ok that makes sense.

Completely understand why you wouldn't want to use this feature for photography / videography

But could be a really really good tool if you got slightly lost / disoriented:)

Ah ok that makes sense.

Completely understand why you wouldn't want to use this feature for photography / videography

But could be a really really good tool if you got slightly lost / disoriented:)

for sure. It's super handy to have in the lower corner with the path in which you have already been on, making a quick guesswork return much easier.

If anything else, it provides a good reference point

with the path in which you have already been on, making a quick guesswork return much easier.

Lol, I didn't even realise it showed the path you have been on.

Damm man, when did all these gadgets get so freekin futuristic lol.....

Lol, I didn't even realise it showed the path you have been on.

Damm man, when did all these gadgets get so freekin futuristic lol.....

these things are pretty incredible. I would imagine of a few even get near half of it's potential

these things are pretty incredible. I would imagine of a few even get near half of it's potential

Can I ask if I may, why did you stop and then come back when you were on the beach?

Was it just what you did or was it a range thing?

Can I ask if I may, why did you stop and then come back when you were on the beach?

Was it just what you did or was it a range thing?

You mean why didn't I push all the way out to the pier?

Anywhere that I have flown around boats, I always have the 'high interference' warning on all the time (radar?). It usually doesnt effect things too much but from where I had taken off, there was no clear RTH landing spot - I would have had to catch it probably as it was just an opening in the trees plus that distance was ~600 meters which for me is about my all time distance record....so I didn't want to push it too much more. I was way up on a hill, not on the sand. Had I been on the sand I may have pushed it a bit more.

I have a few more from yesterday on the 'Toob....

Ah i got ya, i just assumed you were on the sand, great vids though dude, stunning scenery.

I especially like this one

Hey eatpasta, you have found some local places to fly and you are getting more daring, flying out over the water. Good work!

Another observation / question if i may, eatpasta comparing your videos to other phantom 3 standard videos yours look like they are in the next league up? I am correct your using p3s? I think lol, but how do you do it bro? Some of the videos ive seen have actually got me questioning weather to spend my money..

Hey eatpasta, you have found some local places to fly and you are getting more daring, flying out over the water. Good work!

Im tryin! More and more distance....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen