still a newbie... so newbie question: set-up

Reaction score
I want to shoot videos not for movies but music videos, local businesses, corporate. So no movies which require a hudge investment.
Here's what I understand I need:
- Of course the P2
- gimble
- go pro cam
- FPV
- ground station hardware

Am I correct? My biggest confusion comes from the FPV and GS... can they be combined or are they purchased and installed separately?

Second question: I have never worked with electronics... making my own stuff... fixing things. But I am pretty handy and not afraid to try things.
I also need equipment for pro results. Since I plan on getting paid I can't afford to say "Oh well it's not really working today"...

What are the recommendations for the FPV and GS systems you guys have?
(of course money is a factor I need to consider. What I mean is for example a canon Mark II 5 D makes great videos.... but so does the T3i ($2000 difference).

Thnks in advance!

FPV and GS are seperate.

Ground Station is not essential for what you want to do. In fact its not a great help at all in getting creative framed shots which is what you want for music videos. It just records what it sees as it does the mission, you have no manual control during a mission of where you point the camera apart from the gimbel tilt, which still works if you are within range.

One the whole they are pretty reliable. This forum has a lot of posts about flyaways, battery failure etc. However it gives a false impression as there is no need to post from the 1000's of people who have a problem free craft

An iosd mini might be worth considering adding to your list...more about safety than anything else.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

Thanks for the info. I had no idea you couldn't control the camera...

Is there a way to control the camera independently from the drone?

xavpil said:
Thanks for the info. I had no idea you couldn't control the camera...

Is there a way to control the camera independently from the drone?
Not with GS. Only via FPV

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers