Sticky motor.

Reaction score
I have noticed one of my motors doesn't spin as easy as the other 3. While I have not found any issues with performance I still am a little concerned. I know the motors are cheap but due to a incoming baby any money spent is deeply investigated by the CFO(wife). Should it be replaced right away or is there any maintenance i can do to possibly alleviate the issue without too much cost? Thanks guys.

Turn the craft upside down & using a compressor, set on low, like 12 lbs, blow around the motors.
I should mention, on previous flight, I tipped to one side on a sandy surface & rear motor bit the dust, so I knew there could be debris. I was pretty shocked at how much crap I blew out.

Turn the craft upside down & using a compressor, set on low, like 12 lbs, blow around the motors.
I should mention, on previous flight, I tipped to one side on a sandy surface & rear motor bit the dust, so I knew there could be debris. I was pretty shocked at how much crap I blew out.
Thanks! I will try this tonight.

Also, I noticed i'm having a issue with my phantom spinning to the right so very slowly after moving from one place to another. Almost like the window is blowing it but as soon as i correct the spin it stops. Could this issue be caused by the motor issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20