Sticking R/C joystick

Reaction score
DJI CARE PROGRAM..Getting frustrated with DJI.. my P4 had a camera motherboard fail last fall.
I sent it for repairs, they changed out the motherboard and replaced some of the plastics because of normal tiny cracks etc. For some reason they replaced my R/C with a new unit. They said it was tested in their last correspondence. Upon start up the new remote was not paired with the R/C, so much for being tested..
Now the problems begin.. I followed the instructions and paired the units, then l calibrated the joysticks, compass updated the firmware and got ready to fly. Upon launch l again had the red light and beeping R/C, again l calibrated everything.. no more beeping.. upon takeoff the P4 takes off and starts flying away without any inputs from the sticks.. l quickly got it under control by stick handling it to the ground. I again recalibrate the R/,.. this time l watched carefully where the sticks returned to in the display and found my right stick was showing 23 and the rest stayed at 0.. l once again contacted DJI and once again it was on its way back for #2 repair..
So now it's come home back from DJI, they changed out the motors and tested it... well guess what..
Same R/C and same problem.. if I flick the stick it returns to zero most times.. Once again l contact DJI and now they want to repair the R/,C once again.. buy the time my remote comes back my warranty and DJI Care program will be over.. and l have lost over 9 weeks of use while these issues have gone on.. l am at a loss at this point.. any suggestions?

You "could" take the controller shell apart and visually see what is making it stick. Be careful of the thin data ribbons! You may be able to fix it yourself easily. The controller is easy to open and the bottom part of the sticks will be visible.

Reactions: Hammyman

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31