Stick With What You Got

DrJoe said:
IMO, all those issues are resolved for the P2V+ original, with the exception of the new Zenmuse 1.0.0.6 firmware which causes the camera to be slow in horizontal leveling after maneuvers.

Is that what stuffed up the gimbal leveling ???
I assumed it was the 3.08 update, well I guess its all intertwined.

It was perfect with 3.06 and yeah now it is now perfect and is really pissing me off.

I was going to downgrade due to this but scared what I will break....

promocop said:
Sorry, I'm a bit confused. I was under the impression that you COULD use two people...e.g. two control units to fly/film with the Inspire, but it was a not a reguirement True?

You are right promocop - The Inspire does NOT require a two person pilot configuration. Some folks just type anything they think, or their perception, instead of researching facts. Leads to confusion.

tstowe said:
DrJoe said:
According to the FAA, we are supposed to stay within Line Of Site at all times, or we can be considered operating in a reckless manner, and subject to FAR 91.13 and a $10,000 fine. See this thread about the FAA: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29815

I think the FAA lacks the manpower or will to enforce all but the most infamous events resulting from FPV BVR (beyond visual range) operation, so I think most pilots will be fine. On the other hand, following the rules isn't an awful idea either, but it kills a lot of fun.

The point is, DJI isn't worried about you getting disoriented when flying the inspire, since you should be able to see it visually at all times. I know I have become disoriented flying FPV BVR on the Phantom, so I'd agree that trying it with the camera facing 120 degrees would be a very big challenge.

Even if you do keep it in sight, a 360 camera can still leave you confused. It's hard to tell the front from the back from 300 or 400 feet.

Now with the Phantom you can just look at the camera, see which way it's pointed, and there you go. With the Inspire, you look at the camera... but which way is the camera pointed?

Maybe they've thought of this... something that tells you which way the camera is facing in relation to the craft?

It's not a deal breaker for me. If I had the cash, I'd get the Inspire tomorrow but it will add a little more difficulty.
Hay tstowe,
If you fly the bird at a distace you can indentify frnt from back just switch to home lock, do your thing at that distance and switch back to regular gps-att mode once the bird is back at a distance you can identify frontside from backside again.
That the advances to have all those flith mode available.
Regards FA

mede8er said:
tstowe said:
UrAwFuL said:
Since the camera on the Inspire 1 is modular (not sure to what extent though), I would've designed it to fit two cameras; one fixed (or rotatable but returns to center) for pilot camera and one for the second camera that could do 360 and tracking shots and such.

I thought the same thing!

Have one camera like the ones that come with Fat Sharks!

It would be a nice option for people who are going to go with a two controller setup.
Absolutely the biggest design flaw (so far) on this bird....a cheap fpv camera in the nose with a camera switch could have been added easily....

Its really a simple thing. Why they didnt do it is probably because it would have cut into the larger platforms sales.

I use just a simple switch that uses one of my 9 channels to control between cameras. My FPV camera also records 1080 30fps on board and has minimal lag.
I can switch to the Gimbal mounted Hero 4 shooting 1080 at 120fps and view whats in the shot and then switch back to the fpv camera with a flick of the switch.

If I wanted a second operator I already have a DVR unit recording everything and I would need to set up a 2nd RX on board for $30 and a 2nd video tx for another $35. I could set it up with a dx5 and still get nearly a mile range. The inspire is neat.... But the camera just didnt do it for me, and of course the cost of repairing it should the gimbal get damaged because of the landing gear not being down. Did I mention lack of flight time? And of course the ridiculous height limitation. :x

Attachments

• Inspiring 005.JPG
    Inspiring 005.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 323
burlbark said:
Did I mention lack of flight time? And of course the ridiculous height limitation. :x
There's a lot of misinformation getting around the forums about the Inspire.
The bigger battery gives 22 mins and there are no height limits hardwired in. You can set your own if you desire.

Meta4 said:
burlbark said:
Did I mention lack of flight time? And of course the ridiculous height limitation. :x
There's a lot of misinformation getting around the forums about the Inspire.
The bigger battery gives 22 mins and there are no height limits hardwired in. You can set your own if you desire.

I just read the New York times article that implicitly quotes DJI as saying there is a 400ft altitude restriction built in.

So now its not built in after I have read that everywhere? The light bridge is cool and I have $3500 to blow. :lol:

DrJoe said:
According to the FAA, we are supposed to stay within Line Of Site at all times, or we can be considered operating in a reckless manner, and subject to FAR 91.13 and a $10,000 fine. See this thread about the FAA: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29815

I think the FAA lacks the manpower or will to enforce all but the most infamous events resulting from FPV BVR (beyond visual range) operation, so I think most pilots will be fine. On the other hand, following the rules isn't an awful idea either, but it kills a lot of fun.

The point is, DJI isn't worried about you getting disoriented when flying the inspire, since you should be able to see it visually at all times. I know I have become disoriented flying FPV BVR on the Phantom, so I'd agree that trying it with the camera facing 120 degrees would be a very big challenge.

Just to clarify Line of Sight and visual range. Line of sight just means you cant fly behind trees/buildings/large objects. You can fly how far you want provided you have a "Line" of sight. Even though you cannot see the unit, you still have a line of sight. This just ensures that the remote is communicating to unit.

Visual range however is where you can see the unit. 99% of the time I fly in visual range. My heart skips a beat when I lose track of her in the skies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj