Stick gain setting for smooth control

Reaction score
The Phantom assistant allows the operator to adjust stick control via the "gain" settings. (right?)

If not in a windy environment, it seems that a reduced input setting will aid smoother video recording.

Mostly, I'd be talking about yaw...but I'd also want to reduce roll.

What settings would you recommend?

Thank you

You can change the gain during flight by assigning "Remote Adjust" to one of the switches. It's normally set to "INH" which I take to signify "Inhibited". Probably best the left switch. I assume it will automatically disable IOC but you'd better disable that first. This will allow you to experiment with these settings while keeping the ability to switch back to 'normal operations' at the flick of a switch.

Big Ben said:
You can change the gain during flight by assigning "Remote Adjust" to one of the switches. It's normally set to "INH" which I take to signify "Inhibited". Probably best the left switch. I assume it will automatically disable IOC but you'd better disable that first. This will allow you to experiment with these settings while keeping the ability to switch back to 'normal operations' at the flick of a switch.

Wow I have seen that function before.
How do you set that up?

Big Ben said:

Sounds cool!

I anyone does this it would be great to hear how it works.

AJ

My Phantom is all boxed up now and I am feeling lazy. If anyone is firing theirs up to look at this is there anyway to set a null zone ? so that its ignores minor stick wobbles yet retains normal responsiveness when you intend to move the control ?

Shrimpfarmer said:
My Phantom is all boxed up now and I am feeling lazy. If anyone is firing theirs up to look at this is there anyway to set a null zone ? so that its ignores minor stick wobbles yet retains normal responsiveness when you intend to move the control ?

Yeah that is a good idea. Isn't that called "dead zone" or something?

Klaus said:
Yeah that is a good idea. Isn't that called "dead zone" or something?

Well neither are probably the correct term in RC speak but then again I put all my effort into flying and the technical side of what makes it fly is not that strong. Its common in the flight simulator world though when your joystick had a lot of interference. :D

I have experimented a small amount with reduced yaw through the assistant software. I have dropped it to the minimum (30% I believe) and am not noticing much change in yaw sensitivity. I looked at the RC assistant and didn't see anything that would require modification there. Appreciate any insights anyone has to reducing yaw sensitivity. P2 based, looking for smooth video.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4