Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Stick combination not working with new transmitter

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Discussion' started by kristianschumacher, Oct 2, 2014.

1. kristianschumacher

So I crashed my Phantom. Suddenly flipped over and tumbled to the ground. I was very happy with it except for the gimbal tilt function I never got working with the original transmitter. So I decided to remove all the parts from the wreckage and for now replace the speed controllers and radio system. I have hooked up the ESCs and it starts up fine with the original radio. I then replaced the radio with my Turnigy 9xr and Orange module/RX. The signals show up fine in the NAZA assistant for all the channels - but I canĀ“t initialize the motors (now mounted on a Turnigy Talon frame) Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kristian

2. OI Photography

Kristian, did you calibrate the sticks in the 9XR's firmware and in the NAZA assistant as well? It's also possible that one of the sticks' directions is reversed, you can change that with the little button next to each channel in the NAZA assistant that says "NORM" or "REV"

3. kristianschumacher

I think I spotted the problem. With my 9xr it says it is in fail safe mode....

4. kristianschumacher

Sorted :) I just had the 6th channel plugged in the wrong port..