Step by step for calibrating gimbal?

Reaction score
Hey guys, my first post, have been reading this forum and the manual for two days now, purchaced a P2 vision + from a friend, flyes perfect but camera will not move up and down, it have never crashed so i hope it's a firmware thing, so my question is, what updates the gimbal, found the latest camera driver and installed it, nothing happened, now I'll try the Assistant Software v3.8 to see if theres any difference :)
Will that help?

Load the assistant and go to the updates tab. Look at the listed components and look for the line item that says "Zen IMU" and see what it says for the loader and the firmware. If either line says 0.0.0.0 then it's not seeing the hardware. Check the plugs going to the gimbal to make sure they are tight and snug. Are you trying to move the camera up and down with the app or with the wheel on the controller?

Thanks RoyVa for the ansver, but now theres an even bigger problem, downloaded and fired up the newst assistant, but my computer keeps telling me to connect to my phantom, so i can't update anything, what ever I'm doing If i try to connect to my RC it's the same?

I have the same issue.

I bought my Phantom new and during my first few flight everything was working perfectly .
I then did a firmware update, cant remember which version, and after that the gimbal didnt work. Just as you say, the scroll wheel on the controller wont move the gimbal at all, it is possible to control it from the iPhone app though so I dont think its the gimbal itself, must be software related on the controller.

I did some initial reading and found some info on that the firmware could fry the gimbal, more people seem to have the issue, but never found a fix for it.
Even created a ticket to DJI but never heard back.

Also, I now have problems to connect the controller and Phantom to my computer.

Anyone else here that can shine some light on this problem we are having?

Found this thread as well...
Gimbal dead after update

// Ante

Last edited:
Thanks RoyVa for the ansver, but now theres an even bigger problem, downloaded and fired up the newst assistant, but my computer keeps telling me to connect to my phantom, so i can't update anything, what ever I'm doing If i try to connect to my RC it's the same?
I see two things here. First if the assistant is telling you to connect to the phantom, do it. Connect the USB cable to the front port, and turn on the phantom. Second the RC doesn't connect to the same assistant as the phantom. If you want to physically connect your RC to the computer via USB, you need to use the RC assistant, not the PC assistant. Once the phantom is connected and communicating with the PC assistant, if you turn on your RC, it will comm with the assistant wirelessly. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Finn Virkman
I see two things here. First if the assistant is telling you to connect to the phantom, do it. Connect the USB cable to the front port, and turn on the phantom. Second the RC doesn't connect to the same assistant as the phantom. If you want to physically connect your RC to the computer via USB, you need to use the RC assistant, not the PC assistant. Once the phantom is connected and communicating with the PC assistant, if you turn on your RC, it will comm with the assistant wirelessly. Hope this helps.

Hi Black Tracer, did as you discribe in the first step, with the cable in all the right connections, dead, but I had no idea that the RC will comm with Wifi,
for what is that litlle mini USB port on the RC?
But I will try again, Thanks man!

Dont forget to download/install the assistant drivers or it wont recognise when you plug in the USB

Hi Black Tracer, did as you discribe in the first step, with the cable in all the right connections, dead, but I had no idea that the RC will comm with Wifi,
for what is that litlle mini USB port on the RC?
But I will try again, Thanks man!

Have you tried uninstalling the PC Assistant and the Windows driver and reinstalling them both starting from scratch? Assuming you are using a Windows PC. Also might try different USB port on the computer, or a different computer all together.

The micro-USB port on the RC is for calibrating the RC in the RC Assistant. It is a different assistant than the PC Assistant. You download and install it separately. You are supposed to cal your RC as follows: First cal it in the RC Assistant. Then after you have completed the cal there, connect the Phantom using the PC Assistant, turn on your RC, and cal your RC in the PC Assistant.

Straight from DJI support:

V7hFSQVXv9FZCi6qDytjYwBSYwQAPQ2WGV40juDKnZeSigt7_d-k4z5rvFc1mspMYnoIYMV_SnGLbnYWXPKIKwCB6Gn6P_0kNuVg6-VVHXWV1scL3yICoIzU-dP9vCMl7p4AY4NLCxBxsRxp4qHekoBjFBzWDskb9drTupof66SL8A701fgLymloeoF4Att63htUUjnAHbzZ2uA=s0-d-e1-ft

windows 10 is not supported.

Looks like DJI is abandoning all support of the P2 line.

Straight from DJI support:

V7hFSQVXv9FZCi6qDytjYwBSYwQAPQ2WGV40juDKnZeSigt7_d-k4z5rvFc1mspMYnoIYMV_SnGLbnYWXPKIKwCB6Gn6P_0kNuVg6-VVHXWV1scL3yICoIzU-dP9vCMl7p4AY4NLCxBxsRxp4qHekoBjFBzWDskb9drTupof66SL8A701fgLymloeoF4Att63htUUjnAHbzZ2uA=s0-d-e1-ft

windows 10 is not supported.

Looks like DJI is abandoning all support of the P2 line.

Windows 10 is essentially 8.
Use the correct windows 8 32/64bit and it should work fine.

As for gimbals showing 0.0.0.0 - try using all different Phantom Assistant versions.

If all else fails - this will do a full hard reset and allow you to reload your nominated firmware for mainboard/gimbal.

Please note, it does require you to open the p2 and short out 2 pins.

Windows 10 is essentially 8.
Use the correct windows 8 32/64bit and it should work fine.

Sorry, but it doesn't work in 10 and I've already upgraded all my computers.... I can connect my bird in Win 10, but the tx is not recognized as being connected. Search the forum for others having this problem.

Sorry, but it doesn't work in 10 and I've already upgraded all my computers.... I can connect my bird in Win 10, but the tx is not recognized as being connected. Search the forum for others having this problem.

Wow. didn't realise that DJI couldn't be bothered signing their drivers with windows 10.
Try the manual way of installing the driver..
DJI NAZA-M & Windows 10

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and can confirm both DJI Phantom apps work without error.

I might be the lucky one, but I just installed all the software (run as administrator - mode) packages from the DJI website, can connect to both drone, camera & remote without error.

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and can confirm both DJI Phantom apps work without error.

I might be the lucky one, but I just installed all the software (run as administrator - mode) packages from the DJI website, can connect to both drone, camera & remote without error.

I think you ARE one of the lucky ones. I'm running the same OS but can't connect to my TX. Official DJI support center has confirmed no support for Win 10. I'm going to try installing the drivers using Mako79's method above.

I think you ARE one of the lucky ones. I'm running the same OS but can't connect to my TX. Official DJI support center has confirmed no support for Win 10. I'm going to try installing the drivers using Mako79's method above.
I have Win 10, the free upgrade from 8,all worked OK on 8, and all still works OK on 10. Maybe just need win8 drivers, or the fix posted above.
But yes us P2V+ users are heading the way of the dinosaurs.

Last edited:
Mako79 Than you very much. It works with me on Windows 10. :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl