Stella Gimbal Install

Reaction score
Just got a stella gimbal and was wondering if anyone has installed one on a phantom 1?

I'm reading the instructions and they are not clear to me:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0239/9 ... 0.pdf?1708

I'm interested to know what the pin configuration is on the F2 port of Naza?

I'm also trying to figure out what the top row of pins are on the interface for the stella? I see positive, negative, and some other symbol?

Any help would be appreciated!

Could you please tell me if you figured it out? I have the same problem. I have it powered up but I can't get pitch working. What does the p on Stella hook to? Thanks. [email protected]

I did figure this out btw sorry for late response. let me know if you still need info. I can update if you still need help, and when I get back to my house

Mlees,

My stella is on order, and i sure would love to hear how you went about installing yours. I've ordered the mount from shape ways, and have installed the pitch lever to the remote. That part proved tricky to activate the X1 but i finally figured it out.

I'm concerned about whether I need to order anything cable wise to extend the power to the gimbal, or if what comes with the stella is enough. I'm also concerned with getting the pitch control connected correctly.

Anything you can share, I would be grateful, as I'm sure others that search for Stella here will also be.

Robfern

robfern said:
Mlees,

My stella is on order, and i sure would love to hear how you went about installing yours. I've ordered the mount from shape ways, and have installed the pitch lever to the remote. That part proved tricky to activate the X1 but i finally figured it out.

I'm concerned about whether I need to order anything cable wise to extend the power to the gimbal, or if what comes with the stella is enough. I'm also concerned with getting the pitch control connected correctly.

Anything you can share, I would be grateful, as I'm sure others that search for Stella here will also be.

Robfern

Hi Robfern,

This gimbal is more straight forward than others i've seen, but still not straight forward.

When looking at the pin configuration you will use the 1st vertical row of three pins for gimbal control
the second vertical row will be unused
the third row will be for video if you choose to use FPV
the last row will be for power. PM me if you need more info

Pin configuration on Naza:
Top pin = Negative
Middle Pin = Positive
Bottom pin = Signal

Hey guys,

Thanks for your assistance. I installed the gimbal today, however when I plug into F2 for gimbal control (yes I had it turned on in NAZA) the gimbal immediately pans straight down. If I unplug the Pan cable, the gimbal works as expected without pan of course, but at least it doesn't pan down.

The pan lever has no effect on things either....I can push or pull this lever to its boundaries and it still points straight down.

Any thoughts? Should I be in F1 instead?

Have you connected to the module and set the panning parameters? If not, this is most likely your issue.

I'm not sure off hand if it is F1 or F2 off hand. I'm sure someone on here knows. If you don't get an answer I will pull mine open and check. I think I googled stella gimbal install on youtube and it will show you exactly which one.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1