Steam Trains anyone?

Nicely done, especially the inside factory scenes and overhead shots. Just like the big production companies. As a piper I enjoyed the soundtrack but if you want a really cool background tune try "Steam Train to Mallaig". Appropriate as Mallaig is a fine highland town, and the steam train was the one featured in the Harry Potter movies.

There are numerous renditions of it on YouTube, one is at

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUg8hfurXFc&sns=em

It starts slow like a train, then builds and really rocks, one of the finest recent piping tunes written IMHO.

Very nice Andy, I have been thinking about doing something similar at a local steam railway and wondered whether you found that the steam and heat from the engine caused problems with flight e.g. unusual thermals causing lift or whether the Phantom sailed through it steadily?

Thanks for the comments guys,

as usual trying to get the right music I find is one of the hardest parts of post, - but your correct that track would have been better!
I'll tuck it way for the future. - thanks for that.

No problem with the heat - I think this machine is just amazing.

Andy

I have a chance to do indoor shooting in a gym over people training. What things did you do before you flew? Obviously GPS isn't happening but did the compass and atti work ok? Did you take off in atti? Did you fly in manual or atti, and did you use home lock or course lock which I thought require GPS, but maybe they don't. Without any wind its probably safer than I'm thinking but I'm concerned about the compass not working in an iron building.

You looked like a sensible guy in that last scene of you catching the phantom
So spend a second imagining a worst case scenario to your incredibly ill advised gym shoot
And imagine the uproar from officialdom during the inquiry creating all sorts of new and immposible laws affecting all multirotor flyers.
Use a camcorder or two on boom or a jib or make something or attach a camera to wall/hoop/glass
I don't mean to sound rude so forgive my bluntness

Thi video is related to Old Train Steam... Winner in DJI's phantom contest, hope you likes it:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWedSayZ64A[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik