STEALTH FLYING, is it possible?

Interesting question and conversation. Rambling's warning...

Could the body of the craft act as a speaker itself? We're overlooking that the body's design might contribute or inhibit to the resonance we hear.

Could the shell of the UAV be tuned electronically to the offsetting frequency of the props or that of the enclosure. Further could the offset reduce harmonic vibration on any electronics within the shell. Effectively reducing hardware issues. Just something to ponder...

Me personally, I prefer the noise from the UAV as some means of deterrent to approaching wildlife. At least where cities are concerned, we endure other noises like the roar from autos. Cost of the "good life" I suppose. However beyond the FAA, God's little gift of flight, birds fly within our recommended air space. Who is the advocate for birds in this new age of flight?

The density of UAVs today is very limited and the percentage of bird strikes is very limited for what we know. What will the skies look like in 10-20 years or imagine 50 years? We are like the early 1900's with automobiles. No control, just driving wherever we choose, at whatever rate of speed. Until our flights are more structured (read autonomous) like a road, we are more likely to effect our environment of both the air and ground.

Funny when I was a kid we'd see the future through the eyes of sci-fi movies, magazines or cartoons. These consisted as what is now a classic "B" movie or an artist's rendition of a shiny city. I remember at the age of 4 I had in my hand the smallest transistor AM radio, just a little larger than a GoPro. That was amazing technology at that time. The strange part about the "future" of my childhood had no birds depicted. My grandchildren will miss the unhibited flights of birds in these cities of the future...

copyright 2015

Last edited:
Reactions: IflyinWY
Interesting question and conversation. Rambling's warning...

copyright 2015

That's not fair. You write awesome stuff and we can't even steal it. :p

All jokes aside, I remember the transistor radio, the shiny city, Jonny Quest and The Jetsons. You must have been doing pretty well to have one of those radios. :)

The body as a speaker, hmm.
Reduce harmonic vibration, ****.
However beyond the FAA... the birds; I will gladly chime in on that one. I'll be a "Bird Hugger". Making a drone quiet/silent to us, may or may not do the same for the birds. We may get lucky in that respect. Hopefully they will adapt and not too many folks will go to jail for taking out an Eagle.
The early 1900's, **** good comparison.
If you are referring to the uninhibited flights of pigeons, I hope you're right, pooping buggers. I really don't think that will happen though.

I am going to finish watching my B Movie now.:D

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj