Steady Beeping Tone

Reaction score
Ok I know this is probably a rehash but i still didnt find anything definitive on other threads
I was set to fly my P3P it had all latest firmware so did the remote as well as the go app.
everything normal i launched and was letting the bird hover to warm up and do visual check then noticed i had no SD card in...so I landed took one from the carry case and inserted...when I did and repowered I started to get the sound as if it was trying to reload firmware..so like an idiot i turned it off and changed cards...
turned on and id the same thing so I loaded the new bin file from back in dec to the card and reinserted
still getting a steady LOUD beeping the little green lightt on front of gimbal is green...the red light on the ground sensor is red....do I need to let the remote and bird reconnect or should i let this new firmware try to load..some say it can 30 mins or longer?
Any words of wisdom?

Ok I know this is probably a rehash but i still didnt find anything definitive on other threads
I was set to fly my P3P it had all latest firmware so did the remote as well as the go app.
everything normal i launched and was letting the bird hover to warm up and do visual check then noticed i had no SD card in...so I landed took one from the carry case and inserted...when I did and repowered I started to get the sound as if it was trying to reload firmware..so like an idiot i turned it off and changed cards...
turned on and id the same thing so I loaded the new bin file from back in dec to the card and reinserted
still getting a steady LOUD beeping the little green lightt on front of gimbal is green...the red light on the ground sensor is red....do I need to let the remote and bird reconnect or should i let this new firmware try to load..some say it can 30 mins or longer?
Any words of wisdom?

I did something similar once and it took a long time for it to install the firmware - but not 45 mins. The beeping was so loud I had to take the Phantom outside.

Have you checked to see that the card has a proper firmware on it (or that the card itself isn't corrupt?)

Reactions: Gary "Gator" Hill
I did something similar once and it took a long time for it to install the firmware - but not 45 mins. The beeping was so loud I had to take the Phantom outside.

Have you checked to see that the card has a proper firmware on it (or that the card itself isn't corrupt?)
I have I just changed to a different card with a known good firmware copy...before i had a steady green light on gimbal now it is flashing red to green like a normal update is happening..and yes it is sitting outside and im looking at it through patio door so i can see the light

the beeping just stopped..now have a steady green light and the arm lights have returned to normal it seems...guess its time to fire up a remote and see what happens..

Ok update:
Everything seems fine now...maybe the other card was corrupt or maybe the file...when i changed the card it installed much the same as any other update and same time span...

If anyone else has a problem and sees this remember if at first no luck change cards and try again...this was bout as freaky as the first time i lost all contact with the bird and it did its own return to home..
anyways...fly safe

Last edited:
Reactions: ObiDon and Buckaye

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers