Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Steady Beeping Tone

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Gary "Gator" Hill, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Gary "Gator" Hill

Ok I know this is probably a rehash but i still didnt find anything definitive on other threads
    I was set to fly my P3P it had all latest firmware so did the remote as well as the go app.
    everything normal i launched and was letting the bird hover to warm up and do visual check then noticed i had no SD card in...so I landed took one from the carry case and inserted...when I did and repowered I started to get the sound as if it was trying to reload firmware..so like an idiot i turned it off and changed cards...
    turned on and id the same thing so I loaded the new bin file from back in dec to the card and reinserted
    still getting a steady LOUD beeping the little green lightt on front of gimbal is green...the red light on the ground sensor is red....do I need to let the remote and bird reconnect or should i let this new firmware try to load..some say it can 30 mins or longer?
    Any words of wisdom?

2. Gary "Gator" Hill

so far im 45 mins or longer into the firmaware update and still same

3. Buckaye

I did something similar once and it took a long time for it to install the firmware - but not 45 mins. The beeping was so loud I had to take the Phantom outside.

Have you checked to see that the card has a proper firmware on it (or that the card itself isn't corrupt?)

Gary "Gator" Hill likes this.
  4. Gary "Gator" Hill

I have I just changed to a different card with a known good firmware copy...before i had a steady green light on gimbal now it is flashing red to green like a normal update is happening..and yes it is sitting outside and im looking at it through patio door so i can see the light

5. Gary "Gator" Hill

the beeping just stopped..now have a steady green light and the arm lights have returned to normal it seems...guess its time to fire up a remote and see what happens..

Ok update:
    Everything seems fine now...maybe the other card was corrupt or maybe the file...when i changed the card it installed much the same as any other update and same time span...

If anyone else has a problem and sees this remember if at first no luck change cards and try again...this was bout as freaky as the first time i lost all contact with the bird and it did its own return to home..
    anyways...fly safe

#5 Gary "Gator" Hill, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    ObiDon and Buckaye like this.