STD to PRO compatible components?

Reaction score
I just rebuilt my first drone. Phantom 3 std. I purchased some crashed drone lots off of ebay. Now that I have the STD up and flying I have some PRO components left over.
MAIN BOARD and motors (new)
controller
reciever

So my big question is what components can be used on either model. I have extra STD gimbal, GPS, antenna components. Will they work on a PRO board? I may use a DJi body but might go with a blank carbon body that is easier to modify.

I think its a neat idea to get junked drones and assemble a new one. Hope you have means of testing the components for failure.
Your experiment may open up new doors into drone repair

Here is what i understand - the pro board can link to the Glonass and GPS satellites using the GPS module. The standard can link to just the GPS.
The gimbal and camera unit on the Standard has a built-in wifi board unlike all the other P3 variants (4K included). So the overlaying of telemetry information and the video feed happens inside the gimbal. On the P3 pro and Advance, this happens on the OFDM unit just above the VPS.
The phantom 3 4K has a wifi board in the place of the OFDM chip.
Long story short, I feel the main control board of the P3 standard is different from the other. Or at-least the NAZA chip in the middle is.

This is what I have been able to gather during the course of repairing my P3 4K.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic