Std/4k vs Adv/Pro

Reaction score
I crashed my 4k. So that led me to looking for parts for it, such as the gimbal antivibe mount plate, anti drop pins and both shell halves, among other things.

On the Web, be it in forums or websites, I seem to always see the Std and the 4k lumped together and the advance always conpared with the pro.

After looking for parts for this 4k, and taking the 4k apart, I have one conclusion. The 4k is more similar to the adv/pro than it is to the Std.

Before and when I made the purchase of the 4k, I thought I was buying a std that had more and better features. But I'm realizing now that the 4k is actually a pro/Adv with some of the pro/adv features and some downgraded features. If that makes sense.

The 4k has:

the 4k camera and gimbal.
The vision positioning.
The same upper and lower shell as the pro/adv
The same gimbal mount as the pro/adv
The same form controller as the pro/adv
2 controller antennas and a home button, just like the pro/Adv
Alot of the same features on the go app.

Differences include:
No lightbridge
No glonass
No high Def down link for the FPV video.
I'm sure there is more but I'm either forgetting or not noticed.

Seems like the Std is in a league of its own, and the adv/pro are base model or hopped up models of thier own design, whilst the 4k started out as a pro that somebody custom ordered the a la cart options that they wanted.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thermographer
The main reason they are categorized the way they are is because the P3S and the 4K both use standard wifi where the P3A & P3P use lightbridge.

I crashed my 4k. So that led me to looking for parts for it, such as the gimbal antivibe mount plate, anti drop pins and both shell halves, among other things.

On the Web, be it in forums or websites, I seem to always see the Std and the 4k lumped together and the advance always conpared with the pro.

After looking for parts for this 4k, and taking the 4k apart, I have one conclusion. The 4k is more similar to the adv/pro than it is to the Std.

Before and when I made the purchase of the 4k, I thought I was buying a std that had more and better features. But I'm realizing now that the 4k is actually a pro/Adv with some of the pro/adv features and some downgraded features. If that makes sense.

The 4k has:

the 4k camera and gimbal.
The vision positioning.
The same upper and lower shell as the pro/adv
The same gimbal mount as the pro/adv
The same form controller as the pro/adv
2 controller antennas and a home button, just like the pro/Adv
Alot of the same features on the go app.

Differences include:
No lightbridge
No glonass
No high Def down link for the FPV video.
I'm sure there is more but I'm either forgetting or not noticed.

Seems like the Std is in a league of its own, and the adv/pro are base model or hopped up models of thier own design, whilst the 4k started out as a pro that somebody custom ordered the a la cart options that they wanted.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I agree.... it's closer to the p3p p3a then the p3s....some people seem to think it's a p3s with a 4K camera.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl