Status light not working

Reaction score
Hello all.

I have been using the phantom for a few days now and the status light does not flash at all, not when you turn it on not when you calibrate the compass and all that. The only time it turns on is when the USB is plugged in.

The GPS and compass seem top work as the values change in the Naza software program in the tools tab but zero GPS location in the basic part of view which i don't know if that's normal or not.

It still fly's fine and i think it might even be still talking to the satellites but have no idea as the status light is not flashing at all.

It did have a hard landing a few days ago but everything was still working until yesterday.

Thanks.

I haven't looked inside of mine but does it use a trimode LED or three separate (red,green,yellow) LEDs in the indicator dome? If the latter I would think it unlikely that all 3 would die at once even from a crash. More likely a connector came undone. Have you opened the casing to look?

Definitely a bit risky to fly the LED indicator light not working. (unless you keep it safe and cautious)

Obviously one of two things - something came loose, or it's busted.
couldn't hurt to open it up and check, but otherwise you might have to send in for a new Phantom.

So, now what ? What happened ? I just travelled all the way to Spain and the lights are not working any more.

Same problem. What´s going on ? :cry:

Skylex said:
So, now what ? What happened ? I just travelled all the way to Spain and the lights are not working any more.

Same problem. What´s going on ? :cry:

Sorry for the late reply.

I took it to a dealer here in Australia and they replaced the status light.
All good now.
Did have to pay for it though.

What you are describing has usually been attributed to the battery pressing against that LED unit and its connection... this happens with batteries that have long or thick leads. Some Phantom owners are cutting away a bit of the battery door, and leaving the excess wiring outside the door.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.