Status LED Problems

Reaction score
Hello everybody! I'm new to the game of quadcopters, and am having a bit of a problem with my phantom.

When I power the device on, everything works properly except the status LED light. It is completely turned off with no flashing lights of any kind. My first thought was to check the connection between the Naza board and the status LED, and that connection is fine. When I connect the device to the computer and load up the Assistant Software, the LED lights up a solid green. So, at least I know the LED works.

Does anyone know why the status LED is only lighting up when it's connected by USB? I don't want to fly this thing around if I don't know if I'm connected to GPS or if my battery is about to die...

Please help!

Ron

When you said you checked the connection from the LED board, did you check the plug at the NAZA end as well as the point where the cable is soldered on to the LED board?

As far as I could without trying to take the board out, because I'm not exactly sure how I would go about doing that. I suppose I could YouTube it, but wouldn't the connections be fine if it is lighting up when powered by USB?

Not necessarily, it's possible the board can draw enough power for the LED from the USB bus even if one or more of the 4 leads that go to the NAZA are severed. If you look at the board you'll see two small screws, one on the left side and one on the right, that go through the board and secure it to the dome lens on the outside. However, if you look down on the board from above you should just be able to see the spot where they're connected to the LED board (covered with some white silicone).

There's also a red LED inside the battery compartment that is lighting up if that is any hint as to what might be going wrong...

ronaldh12 said:
There's also a red LED inside the battery compartment that is lighting up if that is any hint as to what might be going wrong...

That could be the receiver showing no bound tx. Does the light turn off when you turn on your tx? If so, your LED SHOULD be flashing rapid yellow signifying failsafe until you turn on the tx.

Are you comfortable testing voltages? If so you can see if you have continuity from the pins of the Naza to the LED.

At this point it sounds like you could have a bum LED module. They are cheap but are only sold with the mainboard replacement.

ElGuano said:
At this point it sounds like you could have a bum LED module. They are cheap but are only sold with the mainboard replacement.

+1

You also have the option of testing and/or replacing it with the the much cheaper standard LED unit for NAZA v2 (if you don't mind the cosmetic difference). $15 or less at most dealers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4