state by state local regulations guide?

Reaction score
Just an idea...would it make sense here on the forums to create a section for each state where people could post changes to local rules or prohibitions against drone take offs and landings? Reason I got to thinking of this is that I know what my local regs are and where I can take off and land, etc. but let's say I go on vacation to another state and I am interested in flying my drone. It could be helpful to go to that state section here on the forums and see what people have already learned about what is allowed/not allowed and a place to post links to local rulings and ordinances so that people could do a quick review before going somewhere. Obviously this would not replace one's need to do their own research and make absolutely sure as the PIC that they are in full compliance but it could help jump start that research process for each PIC as they begin their research if flying outside of their home territory.

Interesting idea.

The FAA webinar mentioned that Minnesota has their own sub FAA that requires drones to be registered with the state as well as having insurance both. Likely more in there too.

Right now, CA is a mess as Los Angeles is a conglomeration of cities under one roof and all may have their own rules and ordinances. Don't know about West Hollywood and their drone registration numbers and if it stuck.

North Carolina has a few rules & regs but fortunately they are easy to follow.

I would definitely support this being added to the forum. I travel across the east coast often

North Carolina has a few rules & regs but fortunately they are easy to follow.
I'm here in NC too. Looks like they have their own certification requirements. Take a test (very simple one), submit documents showing FAA certificate, etc. nothing that looks too stringent just another hoop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31