Startup CSC not programmed

Reaction score
I recently purchased a "returned Phantom 1" at a retail store. (not from anybody on the approved supplier Phantom list.) Info on store available if anybody wants it. There are still 4 Phantom 1s on the shelf and a Phantom 2. Buying a Phantom this way has taught me a lot about the inner workings. I have had to do something to all of them. This one is my third. (One of the ones on the shelf is covered in a camo stickon...hmmm)

I set up the Phantom and everything worked great until I tried to do the CSC startup on the motors. Nothing happened. I started to play with the right control stick and all of a sudden ONE of the motors started. I kept moving the stick and a second, third, and forth motor started. The left control then worked normally. I could fly with no problem. The shutdown even worked as normal with the "intelligent" shutdown of moving the left controller to the bottom. The CSC would not shut down the motors. The unique starting sequence does not work quickly each time. There seems to be a delay. Then the motor starts that corresponds to the stick position. (stick up and left - motor up and left starts if looking at the battery cover) The sequence is not random.

This is my third Phantom (bought from the same source) and I haven't seen a problem like this. I have reviewed the boards and the manuals and can't find where CSC is setup.
Additional info: firmware 4.02 GPS 6.0.1.3

Any ideas?

You nailed it. I still don't know why it would start that way. (a bit more caution when moving sticks around) I connected to the software and it showed a slight variation in the control stick position numbers. (within 100) I could push inward on the control stick and the number would go to normal. It was like it hadn't been broken in. (if that is possible). I worked it a bit and never had a problem. The Phantom started just fine. I couldn't find anywhere the calibration in the DJI Phantom 1 download list or in any manual. It should be in a sticky.

Thank you for responding. I will do the calibration referenced in the link just to make sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan