Starting to think my P3A is a lemon

In their defense and from a statistical standpoint, their QC seems to be pretty good considering the number of birds flying vs not. To your second point, most are just picking up another one from a local dealer while you wait. I don't see a drastic devaluation between now and the time you get it back, so you can just sell the brand new one. At least you'll be in the air.

Sure, but I mean I have had multiple issues with mine not just one.

I mean, the charger didn't even work and I was out more money fixing that(miniscule amount, but still). So that's a charger that didn't work, and a controller that is bad out of the box(both could have been tested and should have been tested before leaving the factory)

I understand what you are saying, but Im the one with a bad $1k drone. Im sure you can understand the frustration if you were on my end.

Sure, but I mean I have had multiple issues with mine not just one.

I mean, the charger didn't even work and I was out more money fixing that(miniscule amount, but still). So that's a charger that didn't work, and a controller that is bad out of the box(both could have been tested and should have been tested before leaving the factory)

I understand what you are saying, but Im the one with a bad $1k drone. Im sure you can understand the frustration if you were on my end.
Absolutely. I can't imagine being grounded! If it's a controller issue, you could also try picking up a new controller. The dude that crashed his bird is parting it out, maybe reach out to him?

I thought about that,

The thing is the thing runs great! I hate to say Im grounded because I am not.

They cannot really tell me if my issue is serious or not.

Tell me this, when looking at your mobile device(Ipad, cell phone whatever) are you receiving high quality images? Mine are not near as high quality as when I pull the card and view them on my device from the SD card.

If the decoder issue is simply related to not providing me very high quality images steaming from the bird, well I can live with that.

Tell me this, when looking at your mobile device(Ipad, cell phone whatever) are you receiving high quality images? Mine are not near as high quality as when I pull the card and view them on my device from the SD card.
Do you mean the live stream, or the stuff that gets cached on the device when you film or take pics? Live stream for me is crystal, the cached stuff is crap.

Im not sure to be honest.

Im still learning the device, I have maybe 5 small flights under my belt and haven't used the app to its potential.

I just plug in and go, the images streaming to my Ipad from the bird, while still clear and good, are not near the quality of the HD pictures or recordings I grab off the SD card and upload to a computer later after completing my flights.

I hope that makes sense. Im far from a tech guru.

While RCdepot and DJI reps from overseas are telling me to send it back, DJI guys in the states im in contact with don't seem as concerned and said they were going to email DJI in the homeland to see what I should do. DJI reps in the state haven't told me to discontinue use since Im having no issues in reality(other than the warnings popping up). I guess Ill just continue use through the weekend as memorial weekend was the reason I splurged on this device.

I just plug in and go, the images streaming to my Ipad from the bird, while still clear and good, are not near the quality of the HD pictures or recordings I grab off the SD card and upload to a computer later after completing my flights.
Assuming again you're talking about what you're seeing on the device as you fly, it'll never be as good as what you're recording because the live stream is only max 720p under optimal conditions. You're obviously recording @ 1080p +.

Assuming again you're talking about what you're seeing on the device as you fly, it'll never be as good as what you're recording because the live stream is only max 720p under optimal conditions. You're obviously recording @ 1080p +.

Gotcha. The quality is still very high on the steaming images so I suppose the issue doesn't lie there.

Well, Ill just use it for this weekend and see what the DJI rep here suggests I do after he gets instructions from the motherland.

Maybe, hopefully, the new update will solve my issues. It almost seems like Im just getting false positive error issues. I could be completely off base, but the thing works great which leads me to believe there are no real problems

Gotcha. The quality is still very high on the steaming images so I suppose the issue doesn't lie there.

Well, Ill just use it for this weekend and see what the DJI rep here suggests I do after he gets instructions from the motherland.

Maybe, hopefully, the new update will solve my issues. It almost seems like Im just getting false positive error issues. I could be completely off base, but the thing works great which leads me to believe there are no real problems
Yep. Go fly it. Just make sure to not put it in the drink, or you'll have a tough time returning it :)

Heh, I risked that this morning...

Thing flys great and takes phenomenal pics. If it flew funky or had some real issues Id send it back immediately. But it works great. Just a little worrisome

DJI rep just confirmed Im good to use it through the weekend, provided I don't kill it myself. 1 year warranty. I figured it would have some sort of warranty but wasn't sure(definitely should for the price involved)

Well ill update this thing this weekend.

Would be super nice if that fixed everything. But I have my doubts.

Ill report back with what happens next week

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20