Starting the photo timer

Reaction score
I'm struggling with the timer shots on my P3P.
I'm pretty sure it's a shot every x amount of seconds but how do you start this?. I press the shutter button but no shots get taken. I've tried everything I can think of.

I'm not clear if you don't know how to turn it on or if you can't get it to work. I never use the setting and have not checked this but I _think_ you access it by going into camera mode and holding down the onscreen shutter button.

You have to use the shutter button on the app. If you use the button on the remote it just takes one picture.

I can't get it to work. I have tried the shutter button on both the remote and the app and I still don't get any images.

I know how to turn that setting on. I just don't get any images when I press the shutter button.

Nope no video. I've done another test.
It doesn't work on the 5 and 7 sec settings but does work on the 10, 20 and 30 sec settings. Can someone else try their 5 & 7 secs settings please.

Trying to answer my own question. Does the camera know the write speed of the SD card and disable the 5 & 7 sec options because it won't keep up?

Not a drone expert- but I am a photographer- and the camera doesn't KNOW the write speed of a card. But if the card is still busy writing from previous shots the camera won't let you take more. Or rather if the Buffer if filled while writing it won't allow a new operation like shooting again, changing settings, etc.

Best to use the fastest card you can get. Cheaper cards are very slow.

Reactions: Xorge
It's not taking even one image on the 5 & 7 sec setting. The card is also the one that came with the P3P.

It's not taking even one image on the 5 & 7 sec setting. The card is also the one that came with the P3P.
I'll try it out on mine & let you know. I use the 3 &5 frame brackets- 3 mostly- and that works fine. Although I wish it were linear- Dark to light rather than Meter- Under- Over.
And I tried the 5 frame brackets shooting a sunset the other day and can't figure the order it shot them in.
Anyway I use Sandisk 32GB - whatever the fastest one is. Ultra?
And it writes bursts pretty fast. Not instant, but pretty fast.

I only keep the 16gb stock card around as backup or to fly with while downloading the Sandisk card.

Jephoto that's the wrong setting. I'm talking about the interval timer.
Yes Mark I realize not the same thing- You are talking about the Time lapse setting. Just pointing out that the burst settings for Auto bracket work fine. The interval should as well. I'll try it on mine later & let you know.

Hey Mark - sorry I took a few days - but I tested the Photo timer on my P3 Pro - works perfectly fine. After the first photo though there are no sound effects for the shutter - it just quietly takes the photo. You are using the shutter button on the RC to start it right?
The image on screen does blank out for a fast moment and you see the spinning red line around the shutter button as the image is written to the card. But it's silent - and does work.
At least on mine.....

Yes I do have it working on all settings except the 5 & 7 secs ones

Last edited:
So I'm not going mad. Since the new firmware update today I noticed that now the 5 & 7 sec options are greyed out and can't be selected. See image. No idea why this is but I'm still thinking it might have to do with the SD card speed.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438687544.287684.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Joao Carlos
So I'm not going mad. Since the new firmware update today I noticed that now the 5 & 7 sec options are greeted out and can't be selected. See image. No idea why this is but I'm still thinking it might have to do with the SD card speed.

View attachment 26513
Mark
How do you get to this screen in the app??

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav