Starting stick position does not work sometimes

Reaction score
Yesterday, before the big water landing I just posted about, I was also having trouble getting the Phantom to "start". Everything was "in the green" and I would put both sticks to the bottom left or center as usual, but nothing would happen. I would pick it up, look at it, and set it back down and it would work. Very strange.

Any ideas?

sj

I'm having the same problem the last 2 days.

I just keep trying and finally the motors will start.

I hope someone comes up with an answer.

martinlarosa said:
Was it normal green or very fast blinking green?
Mine is a normal green flash about once per second. When I move the sticks to attempt to start the motors, I get 2 rapid green flashes but no motor start until repeated tries.

I think this happened to me once, but never got it working with repeated tries.
The solution I think was in here: http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... 1.7_en.pdf
Page 13, first item in the red Flying notes: "At the first motors start, the system will check the sensors Bias and you are asked to keep the aircraft
stationary (no need of horizontal level). If you cannot start the motors and the LED blinks Green 6 times
quickly ( ), it means that the sensor error is too big. Please connect the assistant software, enter
the "Tools" - > IMU calibration, carry out basic calibration"

Hope this helps. Maybe you can start the Phantom some times because the sensor at that moment enters normal values. But the rest of the time is off limits. :?:

Did you calibrate the sticks in the remote assistant? It's possible that it is not reading the travel limits correctly.

I know that logic indicates that you shouldn't need to calibrate. But if I were in your place I would do it anyway. It doesn't take much time.

OK, I clicked on basic calibration without doing the Check IMU status and all is working fine now. Motors start up normally again.

Thanks martinlarosa

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20