starting Phantom and it trying to take off on its own

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 1. I have heard stories about some that have started their Phantom in the house to test and when they did the CSC thing, the quad shot up to the ceiling. I just did a test for the first time. I turn on transmitter, power up quad and let leds do their thing. I have S1 switch lower position set for manual. If I do CSC in gps or atti, the props start and run at idle speed. If S1 is on manual and I do CSC to start props, they will go to high rpm and the quad will take off. So, if you have S1 and manual selected for bottom position, and accidently have the switch in manual and start the props...be ready for a surprise and hopefully not in your face.

Monte55 said:
be ready for a surprise and hopefully not in your face.

Hehe... So many jokes... So little time...

Yeah I wish I'd grow up too.

In manual mode the left stick needs to be at the bottom for no power. As you move the stick up power increases. Half stick does not equal hover in manual.

Did you change to Naza mode ?

*edit* oh I thought you just got it, but read it again and doesn't sound like you just got it...

Chriserl said:
In manual mode the left stick needs to be at the bottom for no power. As you move the stick up power increases. Half stick does not equal hover in manual.
Very interesting. I never gave that a thought. I will keep that in mind when I test manual when the spring warmth arrives. Not going to be a take off problem because I will take off in GPS and switch to manual.

Guy... You DO NOT WANT TO BE SCREWING AROUND IN MANUAL MODE as a NOOB!!!!! PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT.

READ

THE

FORUM

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic