Starting Part 107 small UAS Course

Reaction score
Just thinking about starting the FAAST Part 107 small UAS Course and want to know if you can work through it at your own pace. Can you start and stop lessons as you need to? Or do you have to complete each learning segment after you start one? Not sure if I worded that correctly - just starting out.

I think you're talking about ALC-451. You can work on that then come back to it later. But be aware that it is for existing Part 61 pilots. It does not come close to covering everything that will be on the full FAA exam. If you're already a pilot, you're at the right place. If not, just understand that you'll still have a lot more studying to do.

Thank you! You're right I am in the wrong place. The FAA site (Becoming a Pilot) is confusing and seems to be taking me in a loop. For a hobbyist looking to eventually get certification, is it the Suggested Study Materials that will help get a person prepared for testing - or is there an actual study course they've made available.

The FAA has a study PDF and you can find that at faa.gov/uas. A number of companies offer private programs. My company is one, but I'm not allowed to tell you the name of it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20