Started raining while flying

Reaction score
Hey,
i had just gone outside with clear sky and then all of a sudden it got dark and started to rain. It wasnt heavy rain, more of like a sprits, a few droplets were on the outer shell of the drone, just a little nervous considering its new. It should be OK though, right?? I brought it right back down as soon as i felt a droplet. I would say it was only about 15-20 feet in the air

A few drops of rain water is soft and will dry without damaging your bird. You can blow with a hair dryer on low to make sure all moisture is out of the gimbal and motors.

Hey,
i had just gone outside with clear sky and then all of a sudden it got dark and started to rain. It wasnt heavy rain, more of like a sprits, a few droplets were on the outer shell of the drone, just a little nervous considering its new. It should be OK though, right?? I brought it right back down as soon as i felt a droplet. I would say it was only about 15-20 feet in the air

that happened to me when I was on a danger mission!

a little rain doesnt hurt...

Wow. Same thing JUST happened to me. It came back dripping wet. I brought it in really fast. Removed the battery. My wifey helped my wipe everything down with a micro fiber cloth really well. My tablet was soaked too. The tablet is working fine, but sitting in a bag of rice right now just to be safe. Also, the bird and remote are sitting in my back room with a dehumidifier running near by.

Shot this last night , a storm moved in and I captured 26 minutes with the new Phantom Rain Wetsuits that we are offering.

You can skip to 15 minutes for the torrential downpour

I have been caught many times in flash showers ... even caught out in the high level wet air where it comes down soaked - but no rain !!

Never hurt it ... wipe down .. leave it out on floor to air .... main point is switch off and get the battery out ...

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20