started my RMA

Reaction score
well after latest software update re-calibrated the unit it started drifting bad i could nto tell the orientation and throttled it into a tree crash gimbal broke and the ap no longer sees the camera called DJI was on hold about 15 minutes and started the RMA process i ship it out today. they said turn around is 30 days.

wont know until they get the unit and open it up they did advise should be less than the full replacement cost of a new gimble

well they have had the phantom now for 2 full days i still have as of yet to receive an e-mail stating they received it like they said they would.
(how long does it take to check in an item?

Thank you for your call.
Please send in your unit to our Los Angeles Office. If you are shipping from outside the United States, please include a pre-paid return shipping label in your package.
Please ensure that the Customer Information sheet and your Proof of Purchase is included inside your package. Any item that's sent without the customer information sheet or a proof of purchase can be returned or invoiced for repair.
We will update you via email when your unit is checked in to our systems. From that time, your unit will be considered an active repair. All repair updates will be handled through email, and the best way to inquire about your repair is to reply to the email notification.
Please note that the one year warranty only covers defects in the unit within a certain time frame. Any damage caused during flight, or incorrect packaging (i.e. shipping your unit in the retail box, which is very minimal protection) or misuse of the product is not covered by warranty and is subject to labor and parts cost. Water damaged units should not be sent in as they will be returned as we have found that they are not salvageable. If your repair will be invoiced, you will be sent an invoice and instructions to pay via email.
DJI Technology, LLC
960 Knox St. Unit A
Torrance, CA 90502

Geert said:
myrick said:
well they have had the phantom now for 2 full days i still have as of yet to receive an e-mail stating they received it like they said they would.

I do understand that you want your Phantom back as soon as possible but you also have to realize that you are not then only one who is sending his Phantom in for repair.
Your Phantom will be at the right place for sure already and you will receive an email as soon as they open your Phantom and start with the diagnose. It will depend on how busy it is at the moment at the repair department.
I do hope very soon for you and that the repair costs will be better than expected.

Geert./.

i do understand they are busy, but they have had it now going on 3 days. how long does it take to check in packages they cannot be getting so many in a day that they are not able to advise they have received it.

i am not looking to get it back as i expect them to have it at least a month i just want them to say they have it.

myrick said:
well after latest software update re-calibrated the unit it started drifting bad i could nto tell the orientation and throttled it into a tree crash gimbal broke and the ap no longer sees the camera called DJI was on hold about 15 minutes and started the RMA process i ship it out today. they said turn around is 30 days.

Hi myrick, I might have done the same thing. The app doesn't see the camera. Did you see actual breakage or just the app not working? I was hoping it's just a loose connection. Haven't opened the P2V+ yet.

myrick said:

Totally agree with you! Poor customer service has been something, unfortunately, that is the NORM. :evil:

I don't accept the 'we're busy' or 'have others to attend to' argument. The vendor had ample time and resources to ACCEPT YOUR MONEY, certainly an email takes SECONDS to send and assure a CUSTOMER that all is going according to plan. If the backlog is that bad, hire a temp to receive, respond, and send back repairs.

Simple courtesies in service have gone the way of the Dodo bird, sadly. DJI is not alone in this trend (not excusing them, just pointing out the fact). i.e. Think back on ANY service you've recently experienced and MOST folks find sub-standard performance is the rule, almost expected. :(
We're surprised and elated when a service org performs as expected.

Our only recourse is to:
- Give feedback to the service folks letting them know what reasonable handling we'd prefer OR
- Don't buy/return the product and let them know why

RichWCarr said:
myrick said:

Hi myrick, I might have done the same thing. The app doesn't see the camera. Did you see actual breakage or just the app not working? I was hoping it's just a loose connection. Haven't opened the P2V+ yet.

hard to tell but looked like a small tear on the cable

myrick said:
Geert said:
myrick said:

I do understand that you want your Phantom back as soon as possible but you also have to realize that you are not then only one who is sending his Phantom in for repair.
Your Phantom will be at the right place for sure already and you will receive an email as soon as they open your Phantom and start with the diagnose. It will depend on how busy it is at the moment at the repair department.
I do hope very soon for you and that the repair costs will be better than expected.

Geert./.

if it was sent in with a service that gives you a tracking number use that??

i do understand they are busy, but they have had it now going on 3 days. how long does it take to check in packages they cannot be getting so many in a day that they are not able to advise they have received it.

i am not looking to get it back as i expect them to have it at least a month i just want them to say they have it.

Their process is weird. When I sent mine in I got the email that it was received and logged into repair 2 weeks after they physically received it. Then another 8 days till it was in repair. Then 6 days later it was fixed, and another 6 days till it shipped.

ryanhoelzer said:
Their process is weird. When I sent mine in I got the email that it was received and logged into repair 2 weeks after they physically received it. Then another 8 days till it was in repair. Then 6 days later it was fixed, and another 6 days till it shipped.

so they don't "check it in" until they are ready to start the repair process is how i am reading that?

that's correct I sent mine in at the beginning of the summer and they received it (UPS tracking) and i waited almost 3 weeks before I got an email saying it was checked in line for repair

I had something similar happen. It was 2 weeks before I could even get an RMA - they were so "busy" they weren't handing out new RMA's or taking any drones in for repair at all. When I finally got my RMA they told me it would be about 8 weeks for a repair.

Because I feel the crash was my own fault I opted to take it in to a local dealer and have the camera replaced on my own dime. Save the shipping and customs hassle.

Later I heard of somebody who smashed his drone into a tree and DJI replaced it for free. Most people get a big fat bill and a long delay. Hope you have good luck with your repair.

when i asked the turn around time they told me 30 days i neglected to ask was that 30 days from the time they check it into there system i sure hope they don't have it for 2+ months. I need it back going to bald head island for a wedding and want to take some aerial pictures of the light house.

DJI was really slow with mine. Sent it in on June 21. Didn't get checked in until July 15th. Finally received email on August 5 that it had been repaired.

Do you have to send the entire drone in or can you just send the gimbal with the camera? Hmm...

I guess I should feel lucky. Last week the camera failed on mine, called and got RMA. They just received it this Thursday. Just one day later I got an email saying the camera was replaced. Got a fedex shipping notice today and should have it back on Tuesday.

burritocmdr said:
I guess I should feel lucky. Last week the camera failed on mine, called and got RMA. They just received it this Thursday. Just one day later I got an email saying the camera was replaced. Got a fedex shipping notice today and should have it back on Tuesday.

Must be nice.

The Yeti said:
Do you have to send the entire drone in or can you just send the gimbal with the camera? Hmm...
They told me to send in the whole unit with controller.

inquired why it is taking so long to check in my Unit

Thank you for checking in with us. Unfortunately our office has been backed up due to a large amount of repairs.
We have not checked in your product yet. This does not affect its place in line. If any issues arise while a technician is working on your unit,
you will be contacted via email or phone. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.

DJI Customer Service North America

that does not bode well for having it back next month for my trip to the ocean :(

update

Unit Checked into Queue
September 15, 2014 20:00

Dear xxxxxx,

We have checked your unit into Zendesk, our customer support database.

Congratulations! This is the first step in the repair process once we received your product. Next, your unit will be documented in our Repair Software, which the repair technicians use to track their work. This process typically happens the same day your unit is checked in Zendesk. Once that process is done, your product will be placed in line with other repairs, and continually move up until a repair technician services it at a work bench.

For any updates or questions on repair, please reply to this email only. Any further tickets created regarding this repair will be closed as duplicates, since you now have a single point of contact for your repair. It is also important to remind you that our phone support cannot update customers on any repair status.

Should any problems arise with your unit or if repair needs to contact you they will do it via this ticket.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for your support of the DJI Product Line.

DJI Service Center North America

DJI North America

No updates since this :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic