Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

started my RMA

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by myrick, Aug 26, 2014.

1. myrick

well after latest software update re-calibrated the unit it started drifting bad i could nto tell the orientation and throttled it into a tree crash gimbal broke and the ap no longer sees the camera called DJI was on hold about 15 minutes and started the RMA process i ship it out today. they said turn around is 30 days.

2. ATOMSK

bummer.

they sending you a new one?

3. myrick

wont know until they get the unit and open it up they did advise should be less than the full replacement cost of a new gimble

4. myrick

well they have had the phantom now for 2 full days i still have as of yet to receive an e-mail stating they received it like they said they would.
    (how long does it take to check in an item?

5. myrick

i do understand they are busy, but they have had it now going on 3 days. how long does it take to check in packages they cannot be getting so many in a day that they are not able to advise they have received it.

i am not looking to get it back as i expect them to have it at least a month i just want them to say they have it.

6. RichWCarr

Hi myrick, I might have done the same thing. The app doesn't see the camera. Did you see actual breakage or just the app not working? I was hoping it's just a loose connection. Haven't opened the P2V+ yet.

7. cmhorka

Totally agree with you! Poor customer service has been something, unfortunately, that is the NORM. :evil:

I don't accept the 'we're busy' or 'have others to attend to' argument. The vendor had ample time and resources to ACCEPT YOUR MONEY, certainly an email takes SECONDS to send and assure a CUSTOMER that all is going according to plan. If the backlog is that bad, hire a temp to receive, respond, and send back repairs.

Simple courtesies in service have gone the way of the Dodo bird, sadly. DJI is not alone in this trend (not excusing them, just pointing out the fact). i.e. Think back on ANY service you've recently experienced and MOST folks find sub-standard performance is the rule, almost expected. :(
    We're surprised and elated when a service org performs as expected.

Our only recourse is to:
    - Give feedback to the service folks letting them know what reasonable handling we'd prefer OR
    - Don't buy/return the product and let them know why

8. myrick

hard to tell but looked like a small tear on the cable

9. locoworks

10. ryanhoelzer

Their process is weird. When I sent mine in I got the email that it was received and logged into repair 2 weeks after they physically received it. Then another 8 days till it was in repair. Then 6 days later it was fixed, and another 6 days till it shipped.

11. myrick

so they don't "check it in" until they are ready to start the repair process is how i am reading that?

12. detholm

that's correct I sent mine in at the beginning of the summer and they received it (UPS tracking) and i waited almost 3 weeks before I got an email saying it was checked in line for repair

13. rbhamilton

I had something similar happen. It was 2 weeks before I could even get an RMA - they were so "busy" they weren't handing out new RMA's or taking any drones in for repair at all. When I finally got my RMA they told me it would be about 8 weeks for a repair.

Because I feel the crash was my own fault I opted to take it in to a local dealer and have the camera replaced on my own dime. Save the shipping and customs hassle.

Later I heard of somebody who smashed his drone into a tree and DJI replaced it for free. Most people get a big fat bill and a long delay. Hope you have good luck with your repair.

14. myrick

when i asked the turn around time they told me 30 days i neglected to ask was that 30 days from the time they check it into there system i sure hope they don't have it for 2+ months. I need it back going to bald head island for a wedding and want to take some aerial pictures of the light house.

15. moto phantom

DJI was really slow with mine. Sent it in on June 21. Didn't get checked in until July 15th. Finally received email on August 5 that it had been repaired.

16. The Yeti

Do you have to send the entire drone in or can you just send the gimbal with the camera? Hmm...

17. burritocmdr

I guess I should feel lucky. Last week the camera failed on mine, called and got RMA. They just received it this Thursday. Just one day later I got an email saying the camera was replaced. Got a fedex shipping notice today and should have it back on Tuesday.

18. myrick

Must be nice.

They told me to send in the whole unit with controller.

19. myrick

inquired why it is taking so long to check in my Unit

that does not bode well for having it back next month for my trip to the ocean :(

20. myrick

update

No updates since this :(