Start-up sound - any way to quiet it?

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me...but is there any way to silence the start up sound on the P3, or at least make it a lot quieter? I don't understand why it's so freaking loud. It's one thing when you're in a public place, and it draws attention, but even making tweaks to the settings indoors...WHY is is so loud? I fixed my golf cart reverse beep with a piece of electrical tape over the reverse buzzer - you can still hear it, but it's very subtle not obnoxious. Hoping something similar can be done with the P3, and it would not require opening it up (unlikely based on where the sound is coming from). Thoughts?

This post made me laugh. I received my P3P two days ago and I started doing the updates while watching baseball on TV(13 inning game!). Enter the non sleeping wife wondering what is all the beeping. She is really cute when sleepy and mad but I know better than to tell her that.

Maybe it's just me...but is there any way to silence the start up sound on the P3, or at least make it a lot quieter? I don't understand why it's so freaking loud. It's one thing when you're in a public place, and it draws attention, but even making tweaks to the settings indoors...WHY is is so loud? I fixed my golf cart reverse beep with a piece of electrical tape over the reverse buzzer - you can still hear it, but it's very subtle not obnoxious. Hoping something similar can be done with the P3, and it would not require opening it up (unlikely based on where the sound is coming from). Thoughts?
The beeps are from the motors and have a diagnostic purpose. If I recall the number of beeps indicates the voltage available.

I have been running brushless/LiPo RC cars for years and they make the same sound at the same volume as the Phantom series UAV's for whatever reason. A poster above is correct, part of the sound pattern has to do with the cells of the LiPo battery.

Most electric rc aircraft have the beeps when you power them on-- I guess it is the esc talking to the motors -- it is not exclusive to the Phantom-- never bothered me-- helps to have a little hearing loss- :D:D

I know how you feel OP, tbh they are such cheap tacky sounds too.. something a little more ear friendly would be nice.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj