Start up light sequence

Reaction score
What should the light sequence at start up be for the FC40 in GPS and IOC off mode? I've seem vids with a mixture of green/amber and also green/red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't copy and paste the graphic from the fc40 manual. But page 13 shows the light sequence.

I no longer get the yellow blinks like I did at first just green/red sequence and then the steady green. The GPS worked when I had the green/yellow sequence in warm up/start up. GPS seemed non existing with the green/red sequence. Not sure why it changed as I flew 2 batteries and it was fine when I put the 3rd battery in is when it seemed to go hay wire.

If you begin flying with rear lights flashing both red and green, you probably have not locked your home point. The risk is that you have conditions that could result in a fly-a-way. That could occur if you switch to Fly Safe mode or your Phantom loses RC signal. If activated, your Home Lock feature may produce unexpected results.

When it flys it has just green flashing. In start up I no longer get the yellow flashes just the green/red in start up.

Cajvol94 said:
When it flys it has just green flashing. In start up I no longer get the yellow flashes just the green/red in start up.

Mine starts in
1)green red red red
2) green red red
3) green red
4) slow green only
5) 20 green flashes for gps lock
6) start engines and wait
7) 20 green flashes again for home lock
8) then just slow green
9) take off, hover be sure it's stable
10) have fun
You may see the odd green red in flight think it may have dropped to 6 satellites but never lasts long
Finally the steady red flashing of low battery

Why does the manual show yellow blinks in start up?

Ok, I stopped getting yellow blinks in start up for whatever reason. And hopefully that's what my problem was. Thanks.

I had a problem like yours .All i got was green flashing never saw another color after first flight.Battery went down green light went out no red .sent it back think it might be led light module. Have not heard back yet

I sent it back to the dealer wed ups. Prob won't get there till next week. Prob won't ship mine out till after they get mine??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj