Start of a revolution

Reaction score
I wonder how many people here realise just how life changing this technology will be? Many people seem to take things for granted or think of their P3 as a toy. We are all taking part in the start of something that will change the world. A bit like the early Victorians meddling with bits of machinery.
I am constantly blown away by how good the P3 is and what it can do.
Drones are still in their infancy but I honestly believe they will become as life changing as the car did. Who knows where this technology will go? They have just used a swarm of drones to build a brick wall.
SAR will be transformed as will many aspects of our life. I think drones will turn the World into 3d for the first time.
All of a sudden people flying around in skycars becomes far more believable!

Yes I have seen that before. A hybrid copter would be great. Maybe a small gas turbine or IC generator. A lot of time is wasted in a real helicopter starting the engines and waiting for them to come up to temperature before you can fly. This is switch on and go. For short trips you can just rely on batteries but for longer trips the generator could kick in halfway.

For sure, UAVs will be a positive to society, as you said, SAR and other emergency services, as well as saving the lives of troops in the field.

Once this positive has been achieved then the public will start to see all the benefits of this technology and none of the minority idiots that fly them.

@Wibble .. Now on a serious note!.. Do you use a P3 professionally?

I'm doing my BNUC-s soon..

The sky is the limit!.. there are a lot of uses (& v large contracts to be had!) using a P3 professionally.

Reactions: nickyb
And until they get that right you can get and Icon A5, nearly as easy to fly!

Not seen that before.. & I thought to myself "I want one of them"!

I was just about to order.. but then I saw the next available (estimated!) delivery option is not until 2019 ! :(

@Wibble .. Now on a serious note!.. Do you use a P3 professionally?

I'm doing my BNUC-s soon..

The sky is the limit!.. there are a lot of uses (& v large contracts to be had!) using a P3 professionally.

I would love to but I work 17hrs a day running my business so no time at all. I wish!
Having said that with the weather we get in Britain flying days are pretty limited. Last winter we had 3 weeks of constant high winds over F8 not to mention sideways rain!

I would love to but I work 17hrs a day running my business so no time at all. I wish!
Having said that with the weather we get in Britain flying days are pretty limited. Last winter we had 3 weeks of constant high winds over F8 not to mention sideways rain!

I'm in the uk too! (overlooking sandbanks, Dorset), I run my own business(s) too.

(I've always got room for new ventures!.. & pushing forward a positive impression of UAV's)

Reactions: D4T_PoM
Where's the camera underneath? What no problem with hard landing and the gimbel... Glad somebody fixed it. Yep by taking it off, he's holding a point and shoot camera. Naaaa

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj